Another American Positive!

Old September 2nd 05, 01:01 AM

Default Another American Positive!

Forgive the poor translation from French - it's been a while:

From L'Equipe, Sept 2, 2005

More Dirty Americans!

NEW ENGLAND, USA (2 Sept, 2005) - USA Cycling today annouced the
positive doping control of Brian Lafferty steming from his 40th place
in the 2005 New England Cat 4 Time Trial Championships.

According to Mike Fraysee, Eastern section trustee, Lafferty was chosen
as the only rider to be randomly tested after completing the course.
"We must keep cycling clean, all the way down to the master fatties,"
commented Fraysee.

In response, Lafferty has claimed his harsh stance against and
continuous accusations of Lance Armstrong prompted this positive
result. "I haven't peed in a cup in years," Lafferty claims. "There
wasn't even a doping control at that race. This is clearly a snow-job!
They're trying to put away a man who has tried for years to tear down
US cycling's icons! I hate Lance! Everyone is dirty!! Except me!"

Curiously, he has been granted a French federation racing license and
provisional French citizenship since the USA Cycling announcment. "The
enemy of my enemy is my friend," French sporting officals said in a
prepared statement.

"You haven't heard the last of Brian Lafferty!" Lafferty proclaimed,
speaking of himself in the third person as he was led away for charter
flight to his adopted homeland of France. "It is clear that Laszlo
Bodrogi was the only clean rider of the Tour! I won't stop until he is
rightly presented his yellow jersey!"

It should be noted that Bodrogi finished 119th, more than three hours
behind Armstrong.

----

critAMATEUR

Old September 2nd 05, 01:06 AM
Bill C

From L'Equipe, Sept 2, 2005

[...]

Nice parody of the Jeanson decision and USAC. The Canadians had a real
problem with her and doping so she jumped ship and USCF handed her a
license no questions asked, as far as I can tell the Canadians are
still ****ed off over this.
Bill C