Let's all move to Portlandia and Become Hipster Cyclists and go Outfor Brunch

Old August 3rd 16, 07:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Let's all move to Portlandia and Become Hipster Cyclists and go Outfor Brunch

My daughter came back from Portland yesterday, gushing about Powell's,
the bicycle shops, the coffee houses, and the food carts.

The only odd thing is the "brunch culture." Some restaurants have seven
menus during the day, breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner, happy hour,
dinner, and late night.

It's time we all joined Jay in Portland.

---

Old August 3rd 16, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 11:24:05 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
My daughter came back from Portland yesterday, gushing about Powell's,
the bicycle shops, the coffee houses, and the food carts.

The only odd thing is the "brunch culture." Some restaurants have seven
menus during the day, breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner, happy hour,
dinner, and late night.

It's time we all joined Jay in Portland.

O.K. I'll pass you on my way out. Wanna buy my house?

Actually, I'm headed out to the Thai cart for lunch, so that part of the culture I like. Otherwise, I wish the giant back-hand of Yahweh would come down and slap a little sense into the hipsters. This city needs adult supervision. "And then we'll have My Little Pony Day! We'll pass a tax for that -- and we'll get a new zebra tanning bed, too!"

-- Jay Beattie.

Old August 4th 16, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

woman I met at the bike shop

http://goo.gl/wrIqPN

Old August 4th 16, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

woman I met at the bike shop

http://goo.gl/wrIqPN

she said WELCOME TO PORTLAND...I hear you have money wanna spend it ?

I said....yeah wanna sit on my face ?

she giggles.

I said you look hungry wanna Fish sandwich fries n shake ?

she said Ima vegetarian but I I'll have a fish sandwich. There's a cold pack of Molsons in the car.

I said I doahn drink got any XXXX ?

she said I'll call downtown lets get a room ....
Old August 4th 16, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/ar...-playlist.html
Old August 4th 16, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 8/3/2016 12:21 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 11:24:05 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
My daughter came back from Portland yesterday, gushing about Powell's,
the bicycle shops, the coffee houses, and the food carts.

The only odd thing is the "brunch culture." Some restaurants have seven
menus during the day, breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner, happy hour,
dinner, and late night.

It's time we all joined Jay in Portland.

O.K. I'll pass you on my way out. Wanna buy my house?

snip

We'll pass a tax for that --...

But no sales tax. Seriously, I do like the idea of getting rid of sales
tax, since it's the most regressive tax, and replacing the revenue with
less regressive taxes like higher income tax and higher property tax.
But in California that commie idea would never fly.

---

Old August 5th 16, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

we have no income tax .....

sales taxes property taxes ..

this allows wealth accumulation n reinvestment into the system thru

controlled spending ....eg I will buy a 40' boat not a 60' boat the rest goes into non taxable securities.

Old August 5th 16, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...t=mrc &uact=8
Old August 6th 16, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

These emails are cheked for incurable social diseases illicit and otherwise drugs and lice by CHESUS !