Progress on Germany's 200 mile long bicyclebahn

Old August 6th 16, 04:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Default Progress on Germany's 200 mile long bicyclebahn

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 20:23:57 -0500, "W. Wesley Groleau"
wrote:

On 08-05-2016 03:43, John B. wrote:
I can't really comment on costs but a routine quarterly visit to my
cardiologist, at one of the larger hospitals in Bangkok, with blood
test for 9 different things cost me US$119.00

That's surprising. That's about what it would cost me for four tests in
USA. Thailand about half? I would have expected less.

Costs vary. Partially due to the size and facilities in the hospital
but (from my experience) very largely dependent on the clientele. The
exact same procedure conducted by doctors educated in the same
university with approximately the same experience could well cost
double in a hospital in, for example, Phuket, than in Bangkok. From
what I see, and my wife sees, costs for me, a foreigner and thus
assumed to be rich, are higher than for a Thai although in fact the
Thai could well be the wealthier.

In addition, costs at a hospital what deal largely with Thai
Nationals, outside Bangkok, will also, generally speaking, be cheaper.
Years ago my wife had Lasik eye surgery done in Khorat, the second
largest city in Thailand (I believe). The price, at the largest
hospital in Khorat, was less than half the price that the same
operation would have been in an equivalent hospital in Bangkok.
--
cheers,

John B.