News from the Tour of Utah

Old August 1st 16, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default News from the Tour of Utah

My son has been up since 4:30 am and is still attending pre-race meetings. He's a "media coordinator -- finishes," meaning that that he has to wrestle riders to the podium after the finish, among other things. He reports that he has accumulated more than $200 in swag and can tell me what Chris Horner smells like. He met Horner while shepherding the racers to the pre-race press conferences. He was talking to some UK pros, and all they wanted to talk about was Donald Trump, who they think is a lunatic. First stage tomorrow -- https://www.tourofutah.com/ Check out stage 6. Crap, man -- a death ride.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old August 1st 16, 04:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 20:11:05 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

https://www.tourofutah.com/ Check out stage 6. Crap, man -- a death ride.
-- Jay Beattie.

Yikes:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/tourofutah-rails/stages/elevation_pdfs/000/000/006/original/TOU_2016_Stage_6_Profile_vFINAL.pdf
https://www.tourofutah.com/stages/6
Notice that Stage 6 is sponsored by University of Utah Health Care.
I wonder if they're trying to generate some business.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old August 1st 16, 09:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Oh yeah...Gaurdsman's Pass..Utah roads are AAA...frost heaves not n the pop is too poor to drive outta town...so it's up yugo...keep an eye out for glazee

sorry to hear abt the offsprings pathology ...maybe he'll get over it ?
Old August 1st 16, 09:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl

Coupla Engli$hmen came by for a Trump Talk. Now what ?

They were seeing a, to them from a distant planet, stable system - fire when ready Gridly = degenerate into a cowboy Area 51 event based outta Vegas/NYC. A roedeo ....

I tried reassuring that no what they were watching was real n not anything surreal or bizzare.

Old August 1st 16, 10:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

I yam disapped... the TATL is just beeeutiful this AM .... red ball gyrating toward Jamaica on muh electronic wonder.

Instead a list. Duh.
Old August 2nd 16, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

back at the ranch....the Guardsman video.....stop at 19 seconds then click forward ...note the crashed cycle's escape velocity ....alturd ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRM3bFXlyNk

Old August 2nd 16, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRM3bFXlyNk

JB or AM have the scoop on this incident ? local noise sez the casualty had a cracked skull ...miss the corner No. ?
Old August 2nd 16, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

wrote:

https://www.tourofutah.com/ Check out stage 6. Crap, man -- a death ride.
-- Jay Beattie.

Yikes:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/tourofutah-rails/stages/elevation_pdfs/000/000/006/original/TOU_2016_Stage_6_Profile_vFINAL.pdf
https://www.tourofutah.com/stages/6
Notice that Stage 6 is sponsored by University of Utah Health Care.
I wonder if they're trying to generate some business.

They probably pre-booked all the ambulances in Park city and all hands
on deck for the cardiologists :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old August 2nd 16, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

https://www.tourofutah.com/ Check out stage 6. Crap, man -- a death ride.
-- Jay Beattie.

Yikes:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/tourofutah-rails/stages/elevation_pdfs/000/000/006/original/TOU_2016_Stage_6_Profile_vFINAL.pdf
https://www.tourofutah.com/stages/6
Notice that Stage 6 is sponsored by University of Utah Health Care.
I wonder if they're trying to generate some business.

They probably pre-booked all the ambulances in Park city and all hands
on deck for the cardiologists :-)

Those are all climbs my son does on a fairly regular basis, but not all in one day.

He was stuck in Cedar City for duties at the finishing line and didn't get to go down to Zion. http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/...ul-zion_416805 Incredible scenery -- and even better pictures at the Tour's website. https://www.tourofutah.com/experience/galleries-stage-1

The first 20K was neutralized through the park and up through the tunnel, so the peleton got to promenade through some of the coolest landscape in the Southwest.

My son reports that his swag haul is increasing by the day. He went on a climb up a local canyon after the race and got stuck in a hail storm.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old August 2nd 16, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

nice beehive !

https://www.wunderground.com/history...ic=&reqdb.wmo=

Tour of Utah Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 4 August 11th 12 12:41 AM
Tour of Utah Bob Noon Racing 1 August 19th 09 01:33 PM
Tour of Utah "postponed" Dan Connelly Racing 0 March 31st 07 12:50 AM
Inaugural Tour of Utah [email protected] General 7 May 5th 06 12:06 PM
Tour of Utah [email protected] Racing 31 February 2nd 06 04:23 AM