another thieving scumbag cyclist

Old August 31st 10, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default another thieving scumbag cyclist

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...7085-27151997/

bring in registration of all bikes and riders, it will help to stop this
sort of highway robbery.

Old August 31st 10, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 31/08/2010 18:22, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...7085-27151997/

bring in registration of all bikes and riders, it will help to stop this
sort of highway robbery.

To be fair, it was a thief that was using a bike, so not representative
of cyclists, a bit like a thief who steels a car & crashes not being
representative of motorists.

--
Tony Dragon
Old August 31st 10, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:22:28 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...7085-27151997/

bring in registration of all bikes and riders, it will help to stop this
sort of highway robbery.

I was recently cycling in Switzerland. I was intrigued to see that
many (most) bicycles had what looked like a licence disc.

Further investigation showed these to be "Velo Vignettes", or bike
insurance stickers. For 6 or 25 francs (about £3.80 or £16) they are
bought at post offices and railway stations and provide insurance
(third party liability only in the case of the 6 franc version), and,
presumably, allow the police to return recovered bikes to their owner.

Apparantly the police can fine people 40 francs for failing to display
a 'vignette', but rarely do so.

Foreigners are not required to purchase a 'vignette'.

http://mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reisemarkt/...lovignette.htm
Old August 31st 10, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

"Tony Dragon" wrote in message
On 31/08/2010 18:22, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...7085-27151997/

bring in registration of all bikes and riders, it will help to stop this
sort of highway robbery.

To be fair, it was a thief that was using a bike, so not representative of
cyclists, a bit like a thief who steels a car & crashes not being
representative of motorists.

There is no mention of the bike being a stolen one, why do you think it was?

Old August 31st 10, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 31/08/2010 19:53, Mrcheerful wrote:
"Tony wrote in message
On 31/08/2010 18:22, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...7085-27151997/

bring in registration of all bikes and riders, it will help to stop this
sort of highway robbery.

To be fair, it was a thief that was using a bike, so not representative of
cyclists, a bit like a thief who steels a car& crashes not being
representative of motorists.

There is no mention of the bike being a stolen one, why do you think it was?

Read my post again, where did I say that the bike was stolen?

--
Tony Dragon
Old August 31st 10, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

"Tony wrote in message
On 31/08/2010 18:22, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...7085-27151997/

bring in registration of all bikes and riders, it will help to stop
this
sort of highway robbery.

To be fair, it was a thief that was using a bike, so not representative
of
cyclists, a bit like a thief who steels a car& crashes not being
representative of motorists.

There is no mention of the bike being a stolen one, why do you think it
was?

Read my post again, where did I say that the bike was stolen?

--
Tony Dragon

you compared it to someone stealing a car, which it is nothing like as far
as I can see, and therefore irrelevant. I assumed that you had some
knowledge that was not in the article.

Old August 31st 10, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

"Tony wrote in message
On 31/08/2010 18:22, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...7085-27151997/

bring in registration of all bikes and riders, it will help to stop
this
sort of highway robbery.

To be fair, it was a thief that was using a bike, so not representative
of
cyclists, a bit like a thief who steels a car& crashes not being
representative of motorists.

There is no mention of the bike being a stolen one, why do you think it
was?

Read my post again, where did I say that the bike was stolen?

--
Tony Dragon

you compared it to someone stealing a car, which it is nothing like as far
as I can see, and therefore irrelevant. I assumed that you had some
knowledge that was not in the article.

Not at all.
I was merely pointing out that another contributor to this NG lumps law
abiding motorists together with car thieves who have accidents.

--
Tony Dragon
Old September 1st 10, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
OG

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...7085-27151997/

bring in registration of all bikes and riders, it will help to stop this
sort of highway robbery.

By how much will it stop it? 85%?

Old September 1st 10, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

OG wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...7085-27151997/

bring in registration of all bikes and riders, it will help to stop
this sort of highway robbery.

By how much will it stop it? 85%?

The % doesn't matter. A system will be in place. Car registrations stop
the MAJORITY of tax evasion/insurance fraud/lack of MOT. Not perfect but
good enough.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Old September 1st 10, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Budstaff

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk...7085-27151997/

bring in registration of all bikes and riders, it will help to stop this
sort of highway robbery.

Yeah you're right. compulsory registration of cars and licensing of drivers
completely eliminated the use of motor vehicles in crime.

Thieving bastard Tony W UK 1 December 13th 05 12:22 PM
Thieving bastard elyob UK 0 December 13th 05 10:28 AM
Thieving abstrads! Just zis Guy, you know? UK 24 November 29th 05 07:23 PM
Ed Gin Dipshit, Bastard & Scumbag Edward Dolan Recumbent Biking 1 February 3rd 05 03:35 PM
Thieving **??!!s vernon.levy UK 29 December 9th 03 10:43 PM