Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 2nd 19, 01:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Off Topic

On 8/1/2019 11:31 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 6:36:07 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/1/2019 8:03 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 5:29:18 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
I know this is off topic but I don't find the answer anywhere else.

Today's news has Pres. Trump accusing the Chinese of continuing to
sell fentanyl to the United States -- "and many Americans continue to
die!"

But my research shows that fentanyl is a medical drug for the
alleviation of severe pain and as such I would assume to be a
controlled substance. How than, "many Americans continue to die!" ?

See https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/01/w...nyl-trump.html Fentanyl and all its variants are now controlled substances in China which, of course, does not stop illegal trade.

-- Jay Beattie.

Oh, is that like China's compliance with pollution treaties?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/w...ghting-it.html

China will always talk a great game and sign anything, then
ignore any inconvenient agreements.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-against-china

China theorists posit that Hitler annexed Poland and nobody
gave a damn. Italy slashed and burned through Ethiopia and
the League of Nations wrote resolutions, but zip for action.
Therefore... and here we are.

Did you notice that after huge Chinese payments to Turkey,
Pakistan, the Saudi family and other moslem states, that
only the US of A has said _anything_ about 1,000,000+ moslem
Uighers in concentration camps in East Turkistan (Western
China)?

They are not stupid. They know that they can generally get
away with anything, but 'generally' being not always. Which
is why the huge Chinese anti-Trump media push leading up to
2020.

Criminals operating in other nations will satisfy demand in the US. Maybe we should punish China for its lax oversight by inundating them with opium. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars

-- Jay Beattie

Agreed. The Chinese are not stupid. They know that, and seem
to be emulating a very successful policy to weaken targeted
adversaries.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/