Mountain Bikers Rat Pack & Threaten Woman for Telling the Truth about Mountain Biking!

Old March 29th 08, 12:31 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Bikers Rat Pack & Threaten Woman for Telling the Truth about Mountain Biking!

http://us.f811.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Sho...ta=yes&YN= 1:

This women hates MTB riders!! - Mtbr.com Forums
3/28/08 9:25 AM

Reviews | Forums | Photo Gallery | Classifieds | Events | Resources |
Hot Deals | Interbike
Home | Forums

Redstone Cyclery Mountain Biking Singles Historic Lofts Colorado MTB
Tours

Sites Of Interest:
The local's choice for Turner, View Photo Profiles. Local Singles Own
a Loft, Enjoy a Bike Lounge Book the ultimate Colorado

Norcal Calendar

Intense,Transition,Redline & more into Biking. Join Now for Free.
Minutes to SF, Emeryville, BART
single-track vacation with

BTCEB.org-East Bay

www.redstonecyclery.com www.Fitness-Singles.com
PacificCanneryLofts.com
Hermosa Tours.
www.hermosatours.net NCNCA.org- race info

»Tahoe July 20-23

Forum rules for users, dealers, manufacturers HERE . What you do for
a living? , Demo Forest Road Status

, La Honda Trails Access , Roadbikereview Norcal Board ,

Hello domino,

Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before!

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part
Mtbr.com Forums forums now!

2007 Gatherings:
Welcome, domino.

Mtbr.com Forums Regional Trails and Rides Forums California
-Norcal
You last visited: 21 Hours Ago at 11:41 AM

This women hates MTB riders!!

Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

My Account FAQ Members List California -Norcal Calendar New Posts

Blogs
Quick Links
Log Out
Photo Caption
Forum Jump:

California -Norcal
Contest

Go
jimmyboy This women hates MTB riders!! 12 Hours Ago, 08:35 PM

NoBalance As mentioned previously, I... 12 Hours Ago, 09:21 PM

zon Problem is you can't ignore... 55 Minutes Ago, 08:28 AM

NoBalance I agree about the squeaky... 14 Minutes Ago, 09:09 AM

TahoeBC I know this has to be really... 11 Hours Ago, 09:34 PM

0gre I've been reading her... 11 Hours Ago, 09:36 PM

Fast Eddy I see the econazi site is... 11 Hours Ago, 09:51 PM

Rex_Skidmore You know the difference... 7 Hours Ago, 02:11 AM

12 Hours Ago
This women hates MTB riders!!

jimmyboy
Enter here

mtbr member

Go to www.savethesummit.com Check out this crazy women. She has all
her facts wrong

about us. She says she talks with my Jim.? Not sure where she gets her
information,but

we need to let her know that this is Bull sh*%#!~.I have been told she
is part of the ELF.
There just another terrorist group. My son said that there has been
calls from these
people non-stop along with a few threats, as I take them to be left on
his message
recorder about the Tahoe-Sierra 100 and Royal Gorge? Hell we are just
using there
parking lot?
( I have been out allot as my Father is ill and has very little time
left so my son has been
fill ing me in) What has this world coming to?. Do we not have the
right to ride? What's
up with these nuts. If you know my me at all, I am coming out with
guns a "blazing".
There fight is with the Forest service and the Royal Gorge and we are
now we are in her
cross hairs. I here she lives in Palo Alto . This person is a lawyer
Named "Kathryn
Gray"a very very bad women and she hates us very much. Can anyone shed
some light
about this" ELF" group?

I am thinking this savethesummit group is apart of it?

Not sure.Just what people up at the summit have been telling me.

I know this for sure see needs to stop slandering us ( A false report
circulated to damage

the reputation of a person)

She has givin out my phone number to the Sierra Club and other groups
to call .

Let's give them what they want?" Hell is coming and I am coming with
it"

(sponsored by Maxxis)
great movie "Tombstone"
Thanks
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=396498
Page 1 of 7

This women hates MTB riders!! - Mtbr.com Forums 3/28/08 9:25 AM

12 Hours Ago #2
As mentioned previously, I would suggest the best remedy for this
woman's disease is to
NoBalance

ignore her. No need to scratch that itch, it'll only get worse.

Lusus Naturae

For Sale: 20" XtC hardtail 24 lbs. X9. Skareb. Zonos Tubeless.

55 Minutes Ago #3

zon Quote:

Make dust or eat dust

Originally Posted by NoBalance

As mentioned previously, I would suggest the best remedy for this
woman's
disease is to ignore her. No need to scratch that itch, it'll only get
worse.

14 Minutes Ago

NoBalance

Lusus Naturae

Problem is you can't ignore people like that. I've seen to many
instances where the
squeaky hinge gets the grease. If all the powers that be hear is her
shrill voice they
eventually cave to it as being the voice of the public. We need to be
'noisier" and use the
system the same way they do.

The bleeding stops, the pain fades, but the memories are forever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zon

Problem is you can't ignore people like that. I've seen to many
instances where

the squeaky hinge gets the grease. If all the powers that be hear is
her shrill

voice they eventually cave to it as being the voice of the public. We
need to be

'noisier" and use the system the same way they do.

I agree about the squeaky hinge (from many years of tech support) but
my approach
would be more one of Judo than Karate. Instead of sending her nasty
emails and
threatening her, and trying to "come down" on her with the "wrath of
the mountain biking
community" (which she is probably hoping to provoke), we should use
the proper routes
that are already present to handle the situation.

We need to contact the local businesses and let them know someone in
their midst is
working against their own interests. This also brings in tax money to
the local government
and parks, so I am sure they are not interested in her attempting to
divert her hatred from
the developers she is fighting onto the MTB community and events.

We need to ignore the knee-jerk reaction to emailing or calling her or
her folks and
venting. This would only lead to validating her accusations, however
justified we might feel
our actions would be.

For Sale: 20" XtC hardtail 24 lbs. X9. Skareb. Zonos Tubeless.

11 Hours Ago #5
I know this has to be really frustrating but it might be better to
delete this thread.
TahoeBC

mtbr member

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=396498 Page 2 of 7

This women hates MTB riders!! - Mtbr.com Forums 3/28/08 9:25 AM

11 Hours Ago
0gre

Zero Gee Are Eee

11 Hours Ago
Fast Eddy

Medium?

I've been reading her occasional rants...

While I agree that repeatedly riding on wet/ muddy trails the
occasional foray onto wet/
muddy trails isn't bad, in particular since most of the riding was
done on roads... in any
case, here is a bit of her rant:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathryn Gray

That mud you see on rider's goggles, bikes and garments after they've
churned
through the rain, or used trails soon after precipitation used to be
the surface of
a hiking path or trail-and while it will certainly wash off of the
bike rider and his
gear, the loss to the trail in terms of erosion will not be so easily
remedied.

If the biggest problem the Sierra had to worry about was being
destroyed by dirt carried
off by errant MTB riders then it must be in great shape indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by more interesting stuff

He also told me he "knew where I lived." About that time I became
aware that
there was an entire strand on a mountain biking forum discussing how
respond to my first YubaNet editorial, "Troubled Trails on Donner
Summit."
They'd decided not to "flame" me, such a relief, but I must say, as a
newbie in
questioning mountain bike riders' rights to ride absolutely anywhere
hikers hike
and equestrians ride, I was a little intimidated. Oh, was that what
they were
trying to do?

Here's what motivates me, despite the glimpse of bullying tactics on
the

part of mountain bike extremists.

Umm... wow I guess we're a scary crew.

Quote:

The wilderness loses when a 700 entrant mountain biking race is
allowed,
without serious inquiry into the impacts on trails, historical
resources, wildlife
habitat, wildlife migration routes, late season foraging areas, and
the
consequences to fish and amphibians from the erosion consequent to a
race
grinding over 100 miles of Sierra Nevada trails.

I'd understood there was only 20-30 miles of singletrack and that the
rest was forest
roads.

Hey Jim, Are you really getting 700 riders for this event? That would
be great indeed.

The Ogre's Guide -Find a Trail Near You -Trail Guides

Sylvia Baker 3-30-90 -6-20-05

I see the econazi site is linking to your site as a .php?
http://globalbiorhythmevents.com/ind...d=19&Itemid=32
You should trap referrals from their site and forward them to a page
stating that you have
given in to them and decided to cancel the race. [snicker, snicker]

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=396498 Page 3 of 7

This women hates MTB riders!! - Mtbr.com Forums 3/28/08 9:25 AM

7 Hours Ago
Rex_Skidmore

All Season Gravity Junkie

59 Minutes Ago
zon

Make dust or eat dust

56 Minutes Ago
vuduvgn

formerly voodoovegan

Edit: Don't click the link to her site from here. Right click it and
choose, "copy link
location", then manually paste it into the location bar and click,
"go" instead. Otherwise
she'll be able to see references from mtbr.com in her log files. No
need to feed the fire.

Kathryn, if you're reading this, quit being such a twit. Live and let
live. Hike the PCT, no
bikes there. Focus on all the landowners bulldozing roads if you're
worried about "your
summit". The whole f'n sierra was dug up by gold miners for 100 years.
Not one stone
was left unturned. STFU.

Last edited by Fast Eddy : 11 Hours Ago at 10:08 PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Eddy

Focus on all the landowners bulldozing roads if you're worried about
"your
summit".

You know the difference between a Developer and a Conservationist?
A developer wants to build a home in the woods.
A conservationist already owns one.

Rexxx

For Sale: 2005 Shaun Palmer Crown snowboard ...161cm...near mint... w/
or w/o Flow
AMP-5 Bindings

Hey Jim you have our support. Don't let this eco-terrorist /
eco-extremest / eco-nazi /
NIMBY / it's my wilderness / nut-job get to you.
It burns me up that a few extremists like her think that the public
lands are for the public
until it conflicts with her ideas of who the public is. If the public
is tax paying citizens that
fund the precious lands she worships then I will go out on a limb and
say that most
mountain bikers fall into that category.
Why she doesn't think we have a right to access NF lands is beyond my
comprehension
as a tax paying citizen, a hiker, a equestrian, and a mountain biker.
I think it boils down to she doesn't have a life and has an extreme
guilt complex so this
"cause" of hers to "champion" the perceived protection of her beloved
Forrest's gives her
meaning in an otherwise pointless life.
Keep up the good fight for all users to have access to all public
lands.

The bleeding stops, the pain fades, but the memories are forever.

The ELF is the Earth Liberation Front. They have been called domestic
terrorists by our
government. They destroy property, often by arson. They are opposed to
developments,
gas guzzlers and general destruction of the environment.

"The ELF gained national attention for a series of actions which
earned them the label of
eco-terrorists,[11] and one of the top domestic terror threats in the
United States.[9] This
came after the burning of a ski resort in Vail, Colorado, on October
19th, costing $12
million.[38] In a communique to the press, the ELF said:[39]
“ Vail, Inc. is already the largest ski operation in North America and
now wants to expand
even further. The 12 miles of roads and 885 acres of clearcuts will
ruin the last, best lynx
habitat in the state. Putting profits ahead of Colorado's wildlife
will not be tolerated."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Liberation_Front

I dunno the person you are talking about, but generally if people have
ties to the ELF,
they don't let other people know about it.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=396498 Page 4 of 7

This women hates MTB riders!! - Mtbr.com Forums 3/28/08 9:25 AM

bicycles, sex & tofu

11 Hours Ago
NoBalance

Lusus Naturae

It would be interesting to see what the local businesses
--specifically those who will profit
or benefit from this event --think about one of their neighbors in the
community trying to
deflect business from them for reasons that can only be described as
personal and
vindictive between two unrelated parties.

These people are pros at playing the victim, therefore it would do no
good to attempt an
offensive hand. The opposite approach would be more effective.

For Sale: 20" XtC hardtail 24 lbs. X9. Skareb. Zonos Tubeless.

10 Hours Ago #12
I wonder if MVD and K. G. have been shacking up. They're both crazy
enough to be
zorg

together. Otherwise, you gotta admire the complete lack of logical
argumentation.

mtbr member

Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

53 Minutes Ago
crash bandicoot

mtbr member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyboy

[...]

Dude, I would report her to the CA Bar Association.

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/state/calbar/calbar_home.jsp

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=396498 Page 5 of 7

This women hates MTB riders!! - Mtbr.com Forums 3/28/08 9:25 AM

They do not take kindly to such douchebaggery amongst their members.

edit: I didn't find her name on there...it's either the wrong name or
she's not an attorney,
in which case, beat the crap out of her.

27 Minutes Ago #14

velocipus Man you'd think this woman saw a motorcycle at Waterdog or
something!

Ellwood's a punk!

There are thousands of twits like her running around saying wheels are
destroying the
forests. Sounds like she is calling for her fellow extremists to
pressure the county and the
fire dept to disrupt your plans Jimmy. You need to to come out
prepared and with lots of
support. Tell us what you need Jimmy and I'm certain most of us here
will respond. We
got your back.

http://sswc08.com

22 Minutes Ago #15
Another pull-up-the-drawbridge NIMBY type... she doesn't hate MTBs,
she hates

chucko58

everybody for wanting to share her precious summit.

50-year-old teenager

If she really is a lawyer, "Kathryn Gray" is likely a pen name.

16 Minutes Ago #16
the domain name is by proxy. dang.

crash bandicoot

mtbr member

Quick Reply

Message:
OptionsQuote message in reply?
Post Quick Reply Go Advanced
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=396498 Page 6 of 7

This women hates MTB riders!! - Mtbr.com Forums 3/28/08 9:25 AM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 16 (16 members and 0
guests)

domino, bustamove, xls, cb5.5, johnnyb, fritzaholic, migmize,
britboy36, bareiss, Mountain Medic, Ham Er Hed, zon,
spoilsofthedead, rwdbkr, sub

Posting Rules

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

HTML code is On Forum Jump:

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:24 AM.

California -Norcal Go
About Us | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Advertising |
Copyright The ConsumerREVIEW Network
MtbREVIEW.com PhotographyREVIEW.com AudioREVIEW.com
RoadbikeREVIEW.com VideogameREVIEW.com CarREVIEW.com
OutdoorREVIEW.com ComputingREVIEW.com GolfREVIEW.com
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.3

Copyright ©2000 -2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright ©1996-2008 All Rights Reserved.ConsumerREVIEW.com, a
business unit of Invenda

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=396498 Page 7 of 7

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old April 2nd 08, 05:36 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Please don't feed the troll
Old April 2nd 08, 05:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 21:36:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Please don't feed the troll

Hypocrite.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande