Brooks saddle

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 11th 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

Default Brooks saddle

Last weekend while I was riding I noticed my saddle was starting to sag.
So when I got home I took it off to adjust the tension and noticed I had
reaching the last threads of the tensioning bolt.

So, after tightening it up I went online to Wallingford to check on the
prices of a new saddle, as I would be needing one eventually. Imagine my
surprise when I found out that to replace my honey-tone B-17
champion-special would set me back $135!

I decided I better get one now, goodness knows what it would be when I
really did need a new one (the Sparrow STARTS at $over $200)! I decided
to forgo the nicety of hammered copper rivets and shelled out $105 (inc.
shipping) for the B-17 standard.

When I bought the one I have now, it cost me around $70. 15 years
earlier the price was $65. This is the biggest jump in prices I have
ever seen Brooks make. I sure am glad I get 20 years use out of these
things, I seriously wonder, at these prices, how long these exquisite
saddles will be available.

Is there a way to shrink the leather and bring it back into proper
tension?

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Which Brooks saddle? Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 49 March 4th 09 08:40 PM
FS: Brooks B72 Saddle John Mayfield Marketplace 0 January 7th 06 05:34 PM
Brooks B17 saddle fidgetbuzz UK 0 June 21st 05 02:00 PM
Brooks B17 saddle Rudi Lutz UK 0 June 21st 05 09:43 AM
Brooks saddle? Julian UK 19 November 14th 03 02:29 PM