Trek vs Schwinn

Old March 17th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Trek vs Schwinn

On Mar 17, 5:40 am, "Daryl Hunt" wrote:
6. Made in China

Trek: Made in China
Giant: Made in China
Schwinn: Made in China

At my local Giant shop when they are trying to sell someone up into
the first category of expensive one of the regular points that gets
brought up is that every Giant bike they stock over 2000 renminbi uses
a Made in Taiwan frameset.

Whereas the Trek they stock don't start getting the Made in Taiwan
stickers until they start getting close to the 10,000 renminbi mark.

Though I'd never buy a Trek in China anyways, a bit of digging around
on Trek-USA's webpage shows me that the MSRP is less (for the same
bike) in the United States while Bianchi actually cost less over here
(and substantially less once my relationship and discounts come into
effect).

Though, at least for now, I'm actually opting to go with being the
first person on my block, in my city, on this island, in this
province, and well actually this entire country to own a Habanero.

-M

Old March 17th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
nash

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

My GT is made in USA. Rare is it.

Old March 17th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Daryl Hunt

"Michael Warner" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:43:30 -0600, Daryl Hunt wrote:

I still believe that people with knew and foot injuries shouldn't give up
biking. There is a way but it appears the bicycle "Purists" don't wish
share.

Could you tell us more about this conspiracy?

Thanks for verifying the "Conspiracy". LOL

It has removed 5294 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old March 17th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Daryl Hunt

"Patrick Lamb" wrote in message
On 16 Mar 2007 13:57:18 -0700, "
wrote:
Schwinns made is China VS Treks made in China.
Tough call. Not.
The real decider is where to buy. A decent shop will properly
assemble & set the bike up and adjust it to fit you. A decent shop
will service it and cover warrenty issues. This is really helpful for
the newbies and worth the extra over an ebay or boxmart buy.

I agree that a decent shop (aka LBS) is key to getting a good bike,
but I'm curious: what decent shop still sells Schwinns?

Pat
Email address works as is.

All 3 here sell schwinns. But not the high end.

Old March 18th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Michael Warner

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:56:01 -0600, Daryl Hunt wrote:

Could you tell us more about this conspiracy?

Thanks for verifying the "Conspiracy". LOL

But I'm still not sure whether I'm a member of it. I've never
criticized anyone for riding a motor-assisted bike, but OTOH
I've never suggested to anyone that they get one. So you see
why I'm confused.

Old March 20th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Daryl Hunt

"Michael Warner" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:56:01 -0600, Daryl Hunt wrote:

Could you tell us more about this conspiracy?

Thanks for verifying the "Conspiracy". LOL

But I'm still not sure whether I'm a member of it. I've never
criticized anyone for riding a motor-assisted bike, but OTOH
I've never suggested to anyone that they get one. So you see
why I'm confused.

That's the beauty of the whole conspiracy. You may be part of it but THEY
won't tell you that you are. Now, the do tell us when we aren't part of the
conspiracy. You mean you didn't get the memo? Ooooohhhhhhh.

It has removed 5552 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!