front derailleur cable touches rear tire.

Old August 20th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jerryf

Default front derailleur cable touches rear tire.

This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

Old August 20th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam

jerryf wrote:
This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

what size tire are you running?
Old August 20th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam

jim beam wrote:
jerryf wrote:
This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

what size tire are you running?

and is the cable routed through the proper channel?
Old August 20th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Alex

On Aug 20, 1:33 pm, jerryf wrote:
This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

Which end of the wire. Is it the wire leading up to the front
derailleur
or the end that comes out from the derailleur.
------------
Alex

Old August 21st 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jerryf

On Aug 20, 5:49 pm, Alex wrote:
On Aug 20, 1:33 pm, jerryf wrote:

This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

Which end of the wire. Is it the wire leading up to the front
derailleur
or the end that comes out from the derailleur.
------------
Alex

sorry, it was my stupidity... the giant frame, when turned upside
down reveals a hole that allows the cable to pass
though the frame and thereby move substantially away from the tire...
I had not seen this hole and now that I am making correct use of it
all is well! simple solution: look before leaping!

Old August 21st 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

On Aug 21, 7:16 am, jerryf wrote:
On Aug 20, 5:49 pm, Alex wrote:

On Aug 20, 1:33 pm, jerryf wrote:

This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

Which end of the wire. Is it the wire leading up to the front
derailleur
or the end that comes out from the derailleur.
------------
Alex

sorry, it was my stupidity... the giant frame, when turned upside
down reveals a hole that allows the cable to pass
though the frame and thereby move substantially away from the tire...
I had not seen this hole and now that I am making correct use of it
all is well! simple solution: look before leaping!

Are you sure you should be working on your bike? Perhaps a
professional would be a safer choice for you.

Honestly and with real concern.

D'ohBoy

Old August 21st 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jerryf

On Aug 21, 10:44 am, D'ohBoy wrote:
On Aug 21, 7:16 am, jerryf wrote:

On Aug 20, 5:49 pm, Alex wrote:

On Aug 20, 1:33 pm, jerryf wrote:

This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
is a braze-on mount. Thanks.

Which end of the wire. Is it the wire leading up to the front
derailleur
or the end that comes out from the derailleur.
------------
Alex

sorry, it was my stupidity... the giant frame, when turned upside
down reveals a hole that allows the cable to pass
though the frame and thereby move substantially away from the tire...
I had not seen this hole and now that I am making correct use of it
all is well! simple solution: look before leaping!

Are you sure you should be working on your bike? Perhaps a
professional would be a safer choice for you.

Honestly and with real concern.

D'ohBoy

I have built many bikes up, but never a cabon frame. my wife
is riding it so I am more than ultra careful. thanks for your
concern though

Old August 21st 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson

On Aug 21, 7:16 am, jerryf wrote:

On Aug 20, 5:49 pm, Alex wrote:

On Aug 20, 1:33 pm, jerryf wrote:

[...]

Doughie is nothing if not caring! LOL

Old August 21st 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David L. Johnson

D'ohBoy wrote:

sorry, it was my stupidity... the giant frame, when turned upside
down reveals a hole that allows the cable to pass
though the frame and thereby move substantially away from the tire...
I had not seen this hole and now that I am making correct use of it
all is well! simple solution: look before leaping!

Are you sure you should be working on your bike? Perhaps a
professional would be a safer choice for you.

Honestly and with real concern.

Piffle. It was an honest mistake, and was not a cause for "concern".
How is someone to learn how to take care of his own bike with "experts"
like this spreading FUD?

--

David L. Johnson

Become MicroSoft-free forever. Ask me how.