Ugly bike paint?

Old February 6th 10, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Default Ugly bike paint?

On 6 Feb, 00:41, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:

THESE are bikes that will deter thieves:
http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/MVC-009S.JPG.
http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/MVC-003S.JPG,
http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/MVC-006S.JPG

Certainly. Too much junk to remove to get to the parts. Plus, they
dont initially look safe to ride away ansd they are not the easiest of
things to throw in the back of a panel van. Just too much hastle, can
see that from way away. Wouldn't even bother looking for the golden
freewheel.
Old February 6th 10, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raamman

On Feb 5, 7:58*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On 6 Feb, 00:48, raamman wrote:

Spray paint it pink and yellow and put Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana stickers
all over it. A white wicker handlebar basket with flowers could also be
added. Walmart price tag sticker?

Bob T

that won't likely deter theivery; some of the stolen bikes in the
infamous igor the bike thief of toronto shown on the news were little
kids bikes

Like a fence is going to hand over ten bucks for a bike he could pay
less for at an auction, legally, without risk. *You know, Daddy's bike
which he rides between two full time jobs to sustain his family in
troubled times.

you ask him why he had little kids bikes in his "shop"- it wasn't a
bike shop; it was just a place to get "used" bikes; and for his junkie
street kid friends to bring whatever they got- obviously, when you
make a living out of someone elses dreams, you have no heart- so it
would make little difference whos bike was accepted, his attitude was
if it was so important to you, you should have locked it better- which
is why he should be publically lynched.
Old February 7th 10, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brian Huntley

On Feb 5, 1:21*am, Chalo wrote:

Shelf paper looks pretty cruddy when used as frame wrap. *

Hey, my MacTac "Woody" bike used to draw compliments, for some reason.
(It was much uglier when covered with duct tape. Funny thing was, it
was a cheap "Free Spirit" frame under all that.)

As to the saddle panties, I think I'll stick to a bagel bag as my
winter cover.

(Yeah, I'm freddish.)
Old February 7th 10, 06:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kerry Montgomery

Brian Huntley wrote:
On Feb 5, 1:21 am, Chalo wrote:

Shelf paper looks pretty cruddy when used as frame wrap.

Hey, my MacTac "Woody" bike used to draw compliments, for some reason.
(It was much uglier when covered with duct tape. Funny thing was, it
was a cheap "Free Spirit" frame under all that.)

As to the saddle panties, I think I'll stick to a bagel bag as my
winter cover.

(Yeah, I'm freddish.)

Brian,
Like this one?
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/1581043806.html
Kerry

Old February 7th 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On 6 Feb, 00:48, raamman wrote:

[...]

Yep, I think easy smokin' 'Pete', the tatty shop front with the sign
"usED BiKEs" and the 4ft high pile of metalwork should make one
wary. I didn't buy my sprint wheels from him, though they'd have been
perfectly servicable, tyres, hub nuts an all.
Old February 8th 10, 09:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Noriek

"AMuzi" wrote in message
"Ronko" wrote
I'm setting up a commuter bike and I want it to look ugly to cut down
on theft potential. Basic frame is a good one for people who know:
'73 Raleigh Professional. So what type of paint can be splashed on
that will later wash off? A latex exterior paint or something like that?
What else can be done to really make the bike look like a piece of
sh*t? Yes, I will lock it well but I have to leave it for a few hours at
night in a less than desireable area.

BobT wrote:
Spray paint it pink and yellow and put Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana
stickers all over it. A white wicker handlebar basket with flowers could
also be added. Walmart price tag sticker?

Something like this?
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/DREAMGRL.JPG

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

What? I'd ride that. Don't think much to the bike tho

Old February 8th 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Default traveling and barfing, was Ugly bike paint?

Per Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk:

Just eat a few teaspoonfuls of sandwich spread from a barf-bag.
NOBODY will come near you.

Or if you *want* company... and maybe free food/lodging for
awhile, fire up your laptop, get a connection, and bring up this
page: http://www.myit-media.de/the_end.html
--
PeteCresswell
Old February 8th 10, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 8, 2:53*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk:

Just eat a few teaspoonfuls of sandwich spread from a barf-bag.
NOBODY will come near you.

Or if you *want* company... and maybe free food/lodging for
awhile, fire up your laptop, get a connection, and bring up this
page: *http://www.myit-media.de/the_end.html
--
PeteCresswell

That was really f...g funny. I even got tears in my eyes.
Old February 9th 10, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per :
That was really f...g funny. I even got tears in my eyes.

Actually, after I got done laughing, I kind liked the music.
--
PeteCresswell
Old February 12th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

andy,
have you tried the Candy approach ?
buy a mask and...

ah but I guess this would open warfare....

linseed brushed rusto gets really disgusting. break out the Vac bag
and duster !