what is mountain cross?

Old July 23rd 03, 04:55 PM
Michael Dart

Default what is mountain cross?

"kanotspell" wrote in message
JD wrote:
"Penny S." wrote in message

I know what boarder cross and skier cross racing is... should I assume

that
mountain cross is the same thing, with four bikes starting down the

course
at once? Just wondering as it's one of the NORBA events that I'll be
marshalling ( maybe) For sure, the XC pros race and the Pro Dh practice
runs.

Penny

bmx

JD

correction: downhill bmx

Heh...I guess you didn't see the Snowshoe 4x course.

Mike

Old July 25th 03, 01:39 AM
JD

"spademan o---[\) *" wrote in message ...
"JD" wrote in message
om...
"spademan o---[\) *" wrote in message

"JD" wrote in message
om...
"Penny S." wrote in message

I know what boarder cross and skier cross racing is... should I

assume
that
mountain cross is the same thing, with four bikes starting down the

course
at once? Just wondering as it's one of the NORBA events that I'll

be
marshalling ( maybe) For sure, the XC pros race and the Pro Dh

practice
runs.

Penny

bmx
JD

If it was BMX the bikes would have no suspension, only a rear brake,

there'd
be more jumps, more passes and every rider would have more style than
Cedric: http://www.bmxplosive.com/TripleCrown/TripleCrown.htm

Look at a bmx track. Look at a mountain cross course. Look at a
singletrack through the woods. I rest my case.
JD

Just because there are jumps on the course does not make it a BMX track.

Let me see....man made huge stupid jumps, berms, etc = bmx.
Singletrack through the mountains = mountain biking. What part of
that do you not get Stevie?

JD
Old July 25th 03, 08:52 AM
spademan o---[\) *

"JD" wrote in message
om...
"spademan o---[\) *" wrote in message

"JD" wrote in message
om...
"spademan o---[\) *" wrote in

message
"JD" wrote in message
om...
"Penny S." wrote in message

[...]

If I ride through the singletrack on a 'crosser am I mountain biking?

Mountian cross is what it is, t'aint BMX and t'aint mountain biking. Oh and
'huge stupid jumps' sounds like someones a wee bit jealous because they need
to brush up on there bike handling skills...

Steve.