I got a new BIKE!

Old May 27th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ufatbastehd[_2_]

Default I got a new BIKE!

After a year of riding on Trek 1000C(which was a big mistake on my
part). I left a LBS sell me a bike way to small for me. I took it out
my last ride on it yesterday

I did'nt bike for a year as I got into running but my knee has told me
running is out so I'm back on a bike.
I just bought a Specialized Allez Elite.

Going on my first ride on it tomorow AM on it can't wait!!
Got it from a good bike shop that made sure the fit was right this time

Old May 27th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jorg Lueke

On May 27, 9:34 pm, ufatbastehd wrote:
After a year of riding on Trek 1000C(which was a big mistake on my
part). I left a LBS sell me a bike way to small for me. I took it out
my last ride on it yesterday

I did'nt bike for a year as I got into running but my knee has told me
running is out so I'm back on a bike.
I just bought a Specialized Allez Elite.

Going on my first ride on it tomorow AM on it can't wait!!
Got it from a good bike shop that made sure the fit was right this time

Congratulations let us know how it goes

Old May 28th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ufatbastehd[_2_]

On May 27, 5:14 pm, Jorg Lueke wrote:
On May 27, 9:34 pm, ufatbastehd wrote:

After a year of riding on Trek 1000C(which was a big mistake on my
part). I left a LBS sell me a bike way to small for me. I took it out
my last ride on it yesterday

I did'nt bike for a year as I got into running but my knee has told me
running is out so I'm back on a bike.
I just bought a Specialized Allez Elite.

Going on my first ride on it tomorow AM on it can't wait!!
Got it from a good bike shop that made sure the fit was right this time

Congratulations let us know how it goes

Well I had a good ride on the new bike. Feel is much better than my
old Trek.
Only rode 15 mi as my legs are still recovering from ride on my old
bike on Sat which was 35 mi but my first ride in close to 1.5 years.
Legs are a little stiff.

Plan on doing the 35Mi route on my new bike Sat!

Old May 29th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
nash

"ufatbastehd" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

hope you are not planning on becoming a weekend warrior.
Intense exercise once a week will give you a heart attack. Serious.

Old May 29th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ufatbastehd[_2_]

On May 29, 11:32 am, "nash" wrote:
[...]

No I'm a fitness buff.. The ride was the first on a bike outdoors in
1.5 yrs, but I had been running until my knee made me stop.
I spin twice a week, kickbox and weightlift weekly too. So I'm active
5-6 days out of 7.

I may just ride the bike on weekends and do the other stuff noted
above during the week.

Old May 29th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SlowRider

I've had a Specialized Allez for several years. Despite some
aggravation with the Tiagra shifters (upgraded to 105's) and the "body
geometry" saddle (too wide), I still love it. With a little TLC, it
even gets compliments time to time -- not bad for an entry-level
machine.

Enjoy!

-JR

Old May 30th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66

SlowRider wrote:
I've had a Specialized Allez for several years. Despite some
aggravation with the Tiagra shifters (upgraded to 105's) and the "body
geometry" saddle (too wide), I still love it. With a little TLC, it
even gets compliments time to time -- not bad for an entry-level
machine.

They've revised the specs some. The 07 Allez Elite Triple is a mixture
of Tiagra and 105 now whereas in 05 it was all 105. I have had one of
the all 105 Allez Elite Triples for about two years and it's been a very
reliable bike for me. They've also dropped the MSRP some since I bought
mine when they switched out some of the components, I think.
Old June 2nd 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ufatbastehd[_2_]

Well after my 35 miler last Sun my legs told me they are not in great
biking shape(real stiff all week)
Did a 27 miler on the new bike today and it rode and felt better than
my trek 1000c. Especially on hills.
Need to go slow coming back I wanted to do 40 today with some hills.
Did the 27 with some hills and lots of street riding here in NYC and
averaged 15.1 mph
I'm 52 and just getting on a bike and riding 50mi will not work for me
anymore :-( Need to work my way up to it.

Tomorrow I'll try to go a nice flat 30mi