ot cost of pizza slice

Old December 19th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ilaboo[_2_]

Default ot cost of pizza slice

need a little help

can you send me the cost of a slice of pizza in your community?

i need the date, the community and the cost
any help really is appreciated.

here in da Bronx it is now $2.50 a slice
doing a study of the cost of a slice of pizza across the country--ultimate
result will be correlating the cost with a bushel of corn--I want to then
write a letter to all the newspapers in iowa and nebraska explaining to the
people what the cost of ethanol from corn really means to the people in the
cities-- also maybe encourage them to use the ethanol they produce to run
the tractors they use--they can convert their diesls to run it ( remove the
engine and replace it with a gasohol using one.)

yes i know there are a lot of other parameters i can use but this to me is
the simplest--and i think most people can relate to

tia

peter

Old December 19th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Dec 19, 6:00 am, "ilaboo" wrote:
[...]

You're going to need a LOT of data, and in time-series, to make it
even remotely meaningful.

Good luck!

Neil
(haven't bought a slice in a looooooong time)
Old December 19th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman

"ilaboo" wrote: (clip) ultimate
result will be correlating the cost with a bushel of corn--I want to then
write a letter to all the newspapers in iowa and nebraska (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do they make pizza with corn meal in da Bronx? Well, I've got news for
you--they don't do it that way anywhere else. Oh, and when you write the
letter, you will gain credibility if you capitalize "Iowa" and "Nebraska."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(clip) o maybe encourage them to use the ethanol they produce to run
the tractors they use--they can convert their diesls to run it ( remove the
engine and replace it with a gasohol using one.) (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sure! The farmers are going to spend big bucks to replace their engines,
and run them on a higher priced fuel, because they don't want to see the
price of corn go up. BTW, do you know that farmers don't make ethanol?
They would have to buy it from someone who makes it from their corn, at an
all-time high price.

Old December 19th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS 斯蒂文• 夏

ilaboo wrote:
need a little help

can you send me the cost of a slice of pizza in your community?

In the San Francisco Bay Area it's $2-3 depending on the restaurant.
Costco charges $2 for a large slice, while other places are around
$2.50-3 for a smaller (sometimes better) slice. Blondie's in San
Francisco can be good or bad depending on how long the pizza has been
sitting around, and is $3.50 for a slice and a soda.
Old December 19th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Diablo Scott

SMS 斯蒂文• 夏 wrote:
Blondie's in San
Francisco can be good or bad depending on how long the pizza has been
sitting around, and is $3.50 for a slice and a soda.

Just to skew the data, Blondie's will give you a free slice and a coke
on your birthday. "Thank you for existing"

Old December 20th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Leo Lichtman" writes:

BTW, do you know that farmers don't make ethanol?

Actually, I've met a few who do.

And they make quite righteous stuff, too.

Apparently a lot of the trick is knowing when
to get rid of the heads & tails, which contain fusel
oils and methanol. Multiple charcoal filterings helps,
too, if you've got the wherewithal.

Back in the day in British Columbia, farmers could
get gasoline delivered, if they had their own tank,
to fill their farm machinery. The gas was dyed
purple to indicate the lack of road taxes. If
the dyed gas was used in a road vehicle it would
leave a purple blush around the carburetor (back
when there were carburetors.) If caught by the
police with that purple stain, you could be in
for it.

If the farmer was in good standing with the
gas delivery guy, the gas delivery guy would
give the farmer the purple dye pellets to drop
into his gasoline tank himself. Maybe /after/
the farmer filled up his p/u truck.
Don't ask; don't tell.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old December 20th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

ilaboo aka Peter Who? wrote:
need a little help

can you send me the cost of a slice of pizza in your community?

i need the date, the community and the cost
any help really is appreciated.

here in da Bronx it is now $2.50 a slice
doing a study of the cost of a slice of pizza across the country--ultimate
result will be correlating the cost with a bushel of corn--I want to then
write a letter to all the newspapers in iowa and nebraska explaining to the
people what the cost of ethanol from corn really means to the people in the
cities-- also maybe encourage them to use the ethanol they produce to run
the tractors they use--they can convert their diesls to run it ( remove the
engine and replace it with a gasohol using one.)...

Ever priced a diesel engine? Not something to be casually tossed out.

By the way, any land that is good for growing corn is also good for
growing soybeans. Soybeans can be used to produce biodiesel fuel,
negating the need to dispose of a perfectly good engine. Besides, the
higher torque characteristics at lower engine speed of the diesel engine
compared to the Otto cycle engine make the former more favorable for
powering agricultural equipment.

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter
Old December 20th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:

By the way, any land that is good for growing corn is also good for
growing soybeans.

It's also good for growing food so that people
can ... you know... survive.

I bet the current incarnation of the likes of Monsanto
would love to corner (i.e: monopolize) the biofuel
production market.

cheers, & Soylent Green is indeed "people",
Tom