BICYCLE TOURING CAMPING RESOURCE

Old January 28th 11, 02:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default BICYCLE TOURING CAMPING RESOURCE

THERE'S A BULLET FOR 'TENT'

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...rt_Lavaca.html
Old February 1st 11, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brian Huntley

On Jan 27, 9:51*pm, kolldata wrote:
THERE'S A BULLET FOR 'TENT'

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...rt_Lavaca.html

I *hate* camping in "RV Parks" almost as much as camping in Ontario
Provincial Park (which usually charge me and my bike as much as they
charge a family in an RV.) Many of them don't want tenters, not to
mention cyclists.

That said, I've had some very accommodating park owners from time to
time (no pun intended.)
Old February 1st 11, 04:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 1/31/2011 10:10 PM, Brian Huntley wrote:
On Jan 27, 9:51 pm, wrote:
THERE'S A BULLET FOR 'TENT'

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...rt_Lavaca.html

I *hate* camping in "RV Parks" almost as much as camping in Ontario
Provincial Park (which usually charge me and my bike as much as they
charge a family in an RV.) Many of them don't want tenters, not to
mention cyclists.

That said, I've had some very accommodating park owners from time to
time (no pun intended.)

An RV (caravan for right-pondians) is NOT camping.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old February 1st 11, 10:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

kolldata wrote:

THERE'S A BULLET FOR 'TENT'

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...rt_Lavaca.html

Here's a Bullitt for your tent:

http://www.larryvsharry.com/bike/bullittstraight.jpg

I gotta say, it's really not a great night to be out in "the big
room". Right at the moment, it sounds like the Big Bad Wolf is trying
his damnedest to flatten my little house of sticks.

Chalo
Old February 1st 11, 10:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

T⊗m Sherm∂n wrote:

An RV (caravan for right-pondians) is NOT camping.

Any circumstances that feature less than megabit internet are sort of
camping-like.
Old February 1st 11, 12:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

On 2/1/2011 5:15 AM, Chalo wrote:
Tâ—‹m ShermÃœn wrote:

An RV (caravan for right-pondians) is NOT camping.

Any circumstances that feature less than megabit internet are sort of
camping-like.

Just this weekend I had to endure conditions like that. The WiFi dropped
to sub-megabit at the facility I was at. Fortunately I had brought
DVD's. You must prepare for the worst.
Old February 1st 11, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert[_4_]

On Jan 27, 9:51 pm, wrote:
THERE'S A BULLET FOR 'TENT'

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...rt_Lavaca.html

I *hate* camping in "RV Parks" almost as much as camping in Ontario
Provincial Park (which usually charge me and my bike as much as they
charge a family in an RV.) Many of them don't want tenters, not to
mention cyclists.

That said, I've had some very accommodating park owners from time to
time (no pun intended.)

An RV (caravan for right-pondians) is NOT camping.

Try Gaspé:
http://travellingtwo.com/resources/10questions/gaspe

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/a..._11543400.html

http://www.tourisme-gaspesie.com/en/...ville=Chandler

Parks are nice but I would recommend the B&Bs as well for the local joie
de vivre. I'd wait until spring though...
Old February 1st 11, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Feb 1, 4:05*am, Chalo wrote:
kolldata wrote:

THERE'S A BULLET FOR 'TENT'

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...rt_Lavaca.html

Here's a Bullitt for your tent:

http://www.larryvsharry.com/bike/bullittstraight.jpg

I gotta say, it's really not a great night to be out in "the big
room". *Right at the moment, it sounds like the Big Bad Wolf is trying
his damnedest to flatten my little house of sticks.

Chalo

Its snowing at my house right now. Snowed a couple inches over the
past day and going to snow a couple more inches in the next day.
Balmy 16 degrees outside right now. 21 mph North wind.
Old February 1st 11, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

frame is an interesting blend of forward power from classic crit/
touring frames and comfort butt. Deserves further measure. but one and
I'll stop by. dinners on me.

After a week outback wit Mescalito, a night luxuriating at an A1 RV in
a AAA location ...?

Posted as the local cogno said that site covers the ground.

I notice green radio buttons were gone from 'tent' when I went back to
sched a bird recon down thru Brownsville and back up here at Galveston
where spring left violently this morning after dawn with a 40 mph
squall off the gulf. temps are now headin' downward.

local noise sez my Texas Bike Lanes trips are ' boring' ?! OFF TO THE
WEST SIDE HIGHWAY DUDE

Old February 1st 11, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
On Feb 1, 4:05 am, Chalo wrote:
kolldata wrote:

THERE'S A BULLET FOR 'TENT'
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...rt_Lavaca.html
Here's a Bullitt for your tent:

http://www.larryvsharry.com/bike/bullittstraight.jpg

I gotta say, it's really not a great night to be out in "the big
room". Right at the moment, it sounds like the Big Bad Wolf is trying
his damnedest to flatten my little house of sticks.

Chalo

Its snowing at my house right now. Snowed a couple inches over the
past day and going to snow a couple more inches in the next day.
Balmy 16 degrees outside right now. 21 mph North wind.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...st?query=60290

"Tonight
Blizzard conditions developing at times. Very windy with
snow...heavy at times and a chance of thunderstorms. Blowing
snow with visibility near zero at times. Snow accumulation
of 10 to 15 inches. Lows 15 to 19. Northeast winds 25 to 35
mph with gusts up to 45 mph inland...except northeast 30 to
40 mph with gusts over 50 mph along the Lakefront. Chance of
precipitation 100 percent."

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Touring/camping France archierob[_3_] UK 4 March 10th 08 11:13 PM
An alternative to the CTC for a lone camping touring cyclist? Pinky UK 14 April 5th 07 08:04 PM
bicycle camping C.J.Patten General 136 June 17th 05 12:12 PM
bicycle camping C.J.Patten UK 127 June 17th 05 12:12 PM
Touring / camping book of other web sties wanted frkrygow General 1 February 17th 04 05:50 AM