54 cm fixed gear frame (potential for fixed 'cross)

Old August 30th 04, 02:13 PM
Andrew Karre

Default 54 cm fixed gear frame (potential for fixed 'cross)

This is a Reynolds 853 TIG welded steel frame (a Schwinn Peloton in
its original incarnation). Size is 54 cm c to c on the seat tube. The
top tube is 55.5. The vertical dropouts were replaced with
track ends by a professional frame builder (spaced at 130 mm). He also
removed the derailleur cable guide and the downtube bosses. The frame
comes with the original threaded alloy fork (straight blade, chrome
finish) AND a threaded Surly Cross Check fork if you want to run
cantis for extra clearance. Both are cut to fit this frame. The Surly
fork is on it at the moment. The frame is spraypainted matte black,
but the original paint job is underneath and intact, so no fear of
corrosion. I have run 30 mm 'cross tires on this bike with no problems
(without the rear brake).

Extras I will leave with the bike include: Shimano sealed BB (one year
old, perhaps 1500 miles), Tange sealed headset, TT Status 12cm stem,
Profile bull horn bars, no-name alloy randonneur-bend drop bars,
generic microadjust seatpost, and Diacomp touring canti for the Surly
fork (front canti only) and Diacomp and Shimano singlepivots for alloy
fork and rear brake (should you choose to use one).

$185 ships all this to you. I can also deliver it to you in the Twin
Cities (for a lower price).

Pictures available upon request.

Thanks much,
Andrew Karre