How may miles have you ridden this year?

Old December 8th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
zeke

Default How may miles have you ridden this year?

How may miles have you ridden this year? I'm just shy of 10,000.

----------------------------
Bike: Trek 5500 Project One
View my training log:
http://dltsoftware.com/efitness/logi...&password=demo

Old December 8th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article .com,
"zeke" writes:

How may miles have you ridden this year?

I dunno. I don't have a computer anymore.
I got rid of it. Okay, to be honest I
lost it a few years ago and happily didn't
bother to replace it.

I'm just shy of 10,000.

How much elevation gain did you get this year?
(I don't know how much I got, either.
Except, not enough.) If I bothered to do New Year
Resolutions, I think I'd pick: hillclimbs. Maybe
make an effort to get some of that old stuff back.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old December 8th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
zeke

How much elevation gain did you get this year?
(I don't know how much I got, either.
Except, not enough.) If I bothered to do New Year
Resolutions, I think I'd pick: hillclimbs. Maybe
make an effort to get some of that old stuff back.

Although I live in the foothills of North Carolina, I don't consider
myself much of a climber so I try to stay away from the really big
climbs. I think my short Monday through Thursday rides (~ 25 miles)
are around 1800 feet of climbing.

----------------------------

Old December 8th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Grolch

Your a friggin hero and seem to need validation from others to make it
meaningful. Seen your analyst lately?

ups.com...

Old December 8th 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ron Wallenfang

Default How many miles have you ridden this year?

There are usually threads addressing that issue in early January, that often
include other personal highlights and/or lowlights of the past year, new
year's bike resolutions and whatever. We'd hate to leave out the mega-miles
we're all accumulating in December, as it were!

oups.com...

Old December 8th 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article po5eh.32929$rv4.1776@edtnps90,
"Grolch" writes:
Your a friggin hero and seem to need validation from others to make it
meaningful. Seen your analyst lately?

So sorry that ya don't like it.

cheers,
Tom

ups.com...

Old December 8th 06, 10:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

Well, if you want to compare miles, you could post them on
http://www.bikejournal.com . Most features are available with free
enrollment. Menu items in yellow require paid membership.

Old December 8th 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

"zeke" wrote in message

:: How may miles have you ridden this year? I'm just shy of
:: 10,000.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with comparing miles. You did real good. I just
wish I had time to ride that many miles!

Old December 8th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ken C. M.

zeke wrote:
How may miles have you ridden this year? I'm just shy of 10,000.

----------------------------
Bike: Trek 5500 Project One
View my training log:
http://dltsoftware.com/efitness/logi...&password=demo

Well rough estimate tells me somewhere about 3,000

Ken
--
The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets
old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without
Old December 8th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66

2100, up from 1550 my first year. Don't have time to ride much more
than that, but am happy with the increase and will try to do better this
coming year.