Another Serious Mountain Biking Accident

Old July 21st 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
JP

Default Another Serious Mountain Biking Accident

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
http://www.google.com/search?q=hiker...rlz=1I7SUNA_en

http://www.google.com/search?q=hiker...rlz=1I7SUNA_en

HTH!

Since most accidents happen in the home they were logically reducing
their chances of having one.
Since accidents happen in each and every aspect of human activity
Vandeman's comment has no context and is meaningless.
As usual.

Found the following, was new to me, thought I'd share.

It appears that my looney neighbor, Michael J. Vandeman, Ph.D., (this is
how he signs all his letters) is not only bombarding our local newspaper
and city council with his rubbish, but also taking up significant
bandwidth in discussions with you folks. On the neighborhood front he
wants us to dynamite our cars to diminish local road use. Simultaneously
he says we should surrender control over our neighborhood's traffic
patterns to a 3-billion dollar health care corporation conspiring to
close competing hospitals in the area so it can get all the patients. It
would appear that in your discussions he is moving on to banning bicycles
from certain areas as well.

He misquotes, misinterprets, and ignores completely, points made by
others. He is impolite. Zealots like him are probably best ignored -
they do not respond to facts, rational arguments, etc. Unfortunately,
such bigots are often so off-the-wall that they often damage the
worthwhile causes they claim to support.

In reality, however, this is because it is not the causes that they are
truly interested in, but rather the positioning of themselves as
unrecognized champions of right and justice fighting against the
foolish lot of ordinary humans like the rest of us. They thus construct
a holier-than-thou position for themselves which justifies their
existence and gives meaning to their activities. The more people argue
against them, the righter they think they must be.

I have decided that it us best to avoid direct confrontation with Michael
J. Vandeman, Ph.D.; it is wiser to let him remain convinced of his
rightness, and ignored, than to fuel his endless seeking of attention by
responding to him directly, as this may be counter-productive.

P.S. yes, he has a car parked in his driveway, but then my family has
two cars and a motorcycle to boot!