Mountain Biker/Hiker relations

Old November 11th 08, 04:07 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Beej Jorgensen

Default Mountain Biker/Hiker relations

Yesterday I was mapping trails in Joaquin Miller Park for the
Openstreetmap project. There were three of us (a hiker and two mountain
bikers.)

We were walking on narrow singletrack (drop on one side, hill on the
other) around a blind corner. A mountain biker riding at speed suddenly
appeared around the corner headed right for us, mere feet away, with
another hot on his heels. There was nowhere to go.

Then the mountain biker stopped his bike, we greeted one another, talked
about what a great day it was, and went past.

"Evolution in action", indeed.

-Beej

Old November 11th 08, 06:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bluezfolk

On Nov 10, 11:07*pm, Beej Jorgensen wrote:
Yesterday I was mapping trails in Joaquin Miller Park for the
Openstreetmap project. *There were three of us (a hiker and two mountain
bikers.)

We were walking on narrow singletrack (drop on one side, hill on the
other) around a blind corner. *A mountain biker riding at speed suddenly
appeared around the corner headed right for us, mere feet away, with
another hot on his heels. *There was nowhere to go.

Then the mountain biker stopped his bike, we greeted one another, talked
about what a great day it was, and went past.

"Evolution in action", indeed.

-Beej

Thats nice to hear :-)
Old November 12th 08, 02:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 04:07:13 +0000 (UTC), Beej Jorgensen
wrote:

Yesterday I was mapping trails in Joaquin Miller Park for the
Openstreetmap project. There were three of us (a hiker and two mountain
bikers.)

We were walking on narrow singletrack (drop on one side, hill on the
other) around a blind corner. A mountain biker riding at speed suddenly
appeared around the corner headed right for us, mere feet away, with
another hot on his heels. There was nowhere to go.

Then the mountain biker stopped his bike, we greeted one another, talked
about what a great day it was, and went past.

"Evolution in action", indeed.

-Beej

Leave it to an idiot like you, to think that this is a good thing.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old November 12th 08, 02:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:18:35 -0800 (PST), bluezfolk
wrote:

On Nov 10, 11:07*pm, Beej Jorgensen wrote:
Yesterday I was mapping trails in Joaquin Miller Park for the
Openstreetmap project. *There were three of us (a hiker and two mountain
bikers.)

We were walking on narrow singletrack (drop on one side, hill on the
other) around a blind corner. *A mountain biker riding at speed suddenly
appeared around the corner headed right for us, mere feet away, with
another hot on his heels. *There was nowhere to go.

What's "nice" about THAT? Idiot.

Old November 12th 08, 08:10 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Beej Jorgensen

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Leave it to an idiot like you, to think that this is a good thing.

How about we let the people who were actually at the event make that
determination.

Besides, the world could use more idiots who think people getting along
is a good thing.

-Beej

Old November 14th 08, 09:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JTS

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Leave it to an idiot like you, to think that this is a good thing.

Given the fact that over 90% of the people I've met with any sort of
psych degree have been, HANDS DOWN, the most messed up people I've
encountered in my life. Mike's apparent joylessness and jeering at
people actually capable of having fun isn't much of a surprise. I
know, I know. "Mountain Biking isn't fun... BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Tell me, Mr. Vandeman, how IS the weather up your own ass? You should
pull your head outta there and see what's happening in the real world
from time to time.

Awaiting canned response...
Old November 15th 08, 12:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Siskuwihane[_2_]

wrote:
On Nov 10, 11:07*pm, Beej Jorgensen wrote:
Yesterday I was mapping trails in Joaquin Miller Park for the
Openstreetmap project. *There were three of us (a hiker and two mountain
bikers.)

We were walking on narrow singletrack (drop on one side, hill on the
other) around a blind corner. *A mountain biker riding at speed suddenly
appeared around the corner headed right for us, mere feet away, with
another hot on his heels. *There was nowhere to go.

What's "nice" about THAT? Idiot.

You tell us Michael, being as you are a mountain-biker and have
admitted to riding in the past.