Unicycle Hockey Tournament, Manchester (UK), Saturday 11th March

Old February 19th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Unicycle Hockey Tournament, Manchester (UK), Saturday 11th March

The Denton Unicycle Club (DUC) are holding another hockey tournament
next month on Saturday 11th March.

This will be held at the same venue as before.

Egerton Park Community Arts College
Egerton Street
Denton
Manchester
M34 3PB

The tournament is for everyone, whether you're just a beginner or
seasoned pro! We'll be splitting everyone into scratch teams to balance
the sides out as best as possible. Nobody will be left out - if you
turn up then you'll be put into a team.

This will all take place between 12 noon and 6pm. The cost is going to
be £7 for adults and £5 for students and the under 16's.

The hall itself is large, perfectly suited for hockey and has been
recently renovated with a new floor laid (plastic pedals only). For the
ones that would like to shower afterwards, then both the mens and
womens changing rooms have been completely renovated and recently
re-opened (very new and modern looking they are too).

Incidentally, there will be free tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout
the afternoon.

For the ones among you without SatNav, here are the Directions:

From junction 24 on the M60, follow the sign for Denton A57 to the
second set of lights (sign posted Audenshaw, Arrow Trading Estate)
where you turn left. Road bends to left, then right. Take the first
right into Egerton St. We're 200m on the right, just after the college
main building.

Alternatively, join the M67 at junction 24, turn left at the first exit
(junction 1A) and Egerton St is the 3rd turning on the left.

NOTE: PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU USE PLASTIC PEDALS AND NOT METAL ONES.

Note for Simon C, Kit & Pete: If you can make it next month, then I'll
be able to pick you up from Stockport station again. Let me know.

Looking forward to the hockey already.

Steve & Bald Stu.

|Filename: DUC Hockey.jpg |

steve.colligan

Once is NEVER enough!
steve.colligan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/292

Old February 20th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

steve.colligan wrote:
The Denton Unicycle Club (DUC) are holding another hockey tournament
next month on Saturday 11th March.

[ snip ]
For the ones among you without SatNav, here are the Directions:

From junction 24 on the M60, follow the sign for Denton A57 to the
second set of lights (sign posted Audenshaw, Arrow Trading Estate)
where you turn left. Road bends to left, then right. Take the first
right into Egerton St. We're 200m on the right, just after the college
main building.

Just to clarify - that "first right" is the first right _after_ the two
bends in the road. When I did it the first time (following those
instructions), a "first right" appeared before the road did any bending,
and I thought I'd gone wrong somewhere.

Emily.
Old February 20th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Excellent!

I'll be there for sure, the last one was much fun!

--
MrBoogiejuice

If quizzes are quizzical what are tests?

Make crumbs not War!
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

Old February 21st 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I won't be able to make it. I'll still be in Melbourne

Have a great tournament. I'll see you all at BUC

Paul

--
paul royle
paul royle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5572

Old February 21st 06, 09:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

paul royle wrote:
I won't be able to make it. I'll still be in Melbourne

Have a great tournament. I'll see you all at BUC

Paul

Try not to enjoy yourself too much down under!
Any chance you could drop the Lunis a line about the hockey. i.e Barry,
Antoine, Jonny, Rocket, etc.? Ta.

Will see you at BUC. Take care.
Steve

Old February 21st 06, 09:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Doh! I'll be skiing. Have a good one!

--
nickjb
nickjb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1074

Old February 21st 06, 11:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Ooh I'm free on that day, I'll be there

--
unicus

'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

Old February 21st 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

steve.colligan wrote:
Try not to enjoy yourself too much down under!
Any chance you could drop the Lunis a line about the hockey. i.e Barry,
Antoine, Jonny, Rocket, etc.? Ta.

Will see you at BUC. Take care.
Steve

I've sent an email to the list. I'm sure some of them will be up for
it.

Paul

Old February 22nd 06, 10:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Sounded in the pub like a few of us from emunicyclists are intending to
turn up.

I'm certainly hoping to make it.

By the way, you should have statistics for the games (like 'this'
(http://oojah.dyndns.org/emustats/)

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

Old February 22nd 06, 10:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

If i dont get tickets for the Wales vs Italy 6 nations game myself and
gemma will be there

--
deadlydes

Listen to what I mean not what I say