Inexpensively preparing your camera for the snow.

Old December 21st 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Default Inexpensively preparing your camera for the snow.

Nice vid, I did an 8 km ride in that kind of snow to work last Saturday,
it was brutal!

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old December 21st 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

the camera being dry or not isnt my problem, its the battery being warm.
But ive got a system i'm thinking of.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing once i do the takeoff-" - me

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)-'My Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~
Old December 21st 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

unibikeling;1154068 wrote:
the camera being dry or not isnt my problem, its the battery being warm.
But ive got a system i'm thinking of.

My camcorder can actually use the same battery as my digital SLR. I've
got the standard battery that came with the camcorder, a super high
capacity one that I bought for it and three smaller capacity ones from
my still camera. Battery power isn't really my issue.

I suggest you get a second battery and keep it in a pocket as close to
your body as possible to keep it warm. When the first battery starts
getting cold and reading low power, just swap the one thats in your
pocket with the one on the camera and start warming up the cold one.
Once its warm and the other is cold you can swap again and it will keep
you going for a long time.

http://sterlingtek.com/ has amazing prices on replacement batteries for
most cameras. The official canon battery for my still camera costs about
$55, I got two compatible batteries from sterlingtek that are each
double the capacity of the original battery for $20 total. They have one
year warranties on the batteries too so its not nearly as sketchy as
buying no name batteries off of ebay.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *3D Unicycle Computer Game**
- Follow the 'progress.' (http://www.projectuni.com)

*'Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!'
(http://www.zazzle.com/BrianOleyUni*)* All products are my personal
photography. *Seven* items so far and more to come! * New Poster *
Old December 21st 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Ducttape;1153961 wrote:
what's a jonnie?

evidently, something clear, stretchy and liquid proof, that is often
reffered to by euphemism. Take a wild shot in the dark.

p.s. i like "bannana sleeve"

--
kington99

Dave

Old December 21st 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

kington99;1154369 wrote:
evidently, something clear, stretchy and liquid proof, that is often
reffered to by euphemism. Take a wild shot in the dark.

p.s. i like "bannana sleeve"

Ahhhhh... ok.... just make sure you get the ones that aren't pre-lubed

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)