2009 KH Percussion Armor

Old December 21st 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Default 2009 KH Percussion Armor

Hi All,

To let you know, 2009 Percussion Armor has just arrived or will be
arriving in the next few weeks in most countries. These are the
improvements since the last batch:

-the leg wrap around is 25 mm wider for better coverage of larger calf
sizes
-softer more comfortable straps.
-better knee curvature and patella protection
-knee strap feeds through a loop on the inside to better secure the pad
at the top of the knee.

Percussion arm armor will also be available in some countries.

Photos and more detailed specs will be online at krisholm.com in early
January.

Kris

--
danger_uni
Old December 21st 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

danger_uni;1154107 wrote:
Hi All,

To let you know, 2009 Percussion Armor has just arrived or will be
arriving in the next few weeks in most countries. These are the
improvements since the last batch:

-the leg wrap around is 25 mm wider for better coverage of larger calf
sizes
-softer more comfortable straps.
-better knee curvature and patella protection
-knee strap feeds through a loop on the inside to better secure the pad
at the top of the knee.

Percussion arm armor will also be available in some countries.

Photos and more detailed specs will be online at krisholm.com in early
January.

Kris

Cool! You should try to get colors. Maybe Blue :P. Or you could do it
to match your seats/clamps. That would be sick.

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old December 21st 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

Jeremy R;1154111 wrote:
Cool! You should try to get colors. Maybe Blue :P. Or you could do it to
match your seats/clamps. That would be sick.

Nooo... Would be hard to have all colors and sizes in stock for smaller
dealers ... That's why KH have less colors than other factorys...

Nice Kris... Can't wait to see pics

--
pedrotejada

'*Kris Holm Unicycles*' (http://www.krisholm.com)

*Brazilian Unicycling Team*
Old December 21st 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

pedrotejada;1154112 wrote:
Nooo... Would be hard to have all colors and sizes in stock for smaller
dealers ... That's why KH have less colors than other factorys...

Nice Kris... Can't wait to see pics

Maybe UDC exclusive? (that way UDC LBS dealers could get them for you.)

Old December 21st 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

Jeremy R;1154113 wrote:
Maybe UDC exclusive? (that way UDC LBS dealers could get them for you.)

Yeah, maybe... but Most riders uses under Pants... So nobody would see
it... Only black is enough I think... I would not buy other colors... is
hard to match with my clothes ...

Old December 21st 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

Nice to hear the news! I may need some pads in a few months, my 661
veggie wraps are covering to little of my leg now.

White would be the only color i would want besides black because it may
be a little cooler in the summer.

--
Any Terrain

2nd Place*)---SuperWrap-'O,*
Old December 21st 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Any Terrain;1154116 wrote:
Nice to hear the news! I may need some pads in a few months, my 661
veggie wraps are covering to little of my leg now.

White would be the only color i would want besides black because it may
be a little cooler in the summer.

What would start looking really nasty pretty quickly once it started
getting grimy.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *3D Unicycle Computer Game**
- Follow the 'progress.' (http://www.projectuni.com)

*'Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!'
(http://www.zazzle.com/BrianOleyUni*)* All products are my personal
photography. *Seven* items so far and more to come! * New Poster *
Old December 21st 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Hey Kris, I'm happy to see some great products coming out.

I have questions though as to the ethics behind the production of
them.

I know that it can be very hard to produce armor ethically, which is
why MEC hasn't gotten any new armor in quite a while, so I was wondering
what kind of ethical standards you uphold in the sourcing for your
armor, and how you uphold those standards?

Any chance we could see MEC carrying these since they don't carry any
right now?

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old December 22nd 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Any Terrain;1154116 wrote:
White would be the only color i would want besides black because it may
be a little cooler in the summer.

White could get pretty nasty looking, but a light color would be good
like tan, light grey, or matching the gloves (silver?).

Flames like you had in some of your vids would be sweet, or some other
cool pattern.

If they were available in a light color or had a cool design pattern,
I'd definitely get a pair (I'm more partial to a light color). If just
black I'll stick w/ my customized 661's.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old December 22nd 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Re sourcing ethics: I work through a Taiwan-based manufacturer; the
factory is in Shenzen China. As a small company serving a niche market,
I have no initial influence over a factory; what I can do is start
small, get more valuable over time, and do my part to ask the right
questions. That is a work in progress.

Color options likely won't happen for the forseeable future because of
minimum order quantities for even one color. An additional challenge
faced this year was jumping through the legal hurdles to obtain required
CE Mark certification for sales in the European Union. That required
some expensive 3rd party quality testing at a facility in Italy. It
took a while, but it worked out and I'm happy that despite delaying
production for about 6 months it has finally been approved.

Kris

--
danger_uni