Cyclist in accident this morning

Old June 14th 05, 09:30 AM
Claude

Default Cyclist in accident this morning

I hope the woman cyclist who was injured on Wellington St this morning is
OK. She was lying on the road with a neckbrace and being attended by
ambulance officers at about twenty to nine. Hopefully the traffic was
moving slowly at the time and it was a low speed accident.

Old June 14th 05, 10:30 AM
SteveA

Claude Wrote:
I hope the woman cyclist who was injured on Wellington St this mornin
OK. She was lying on the road with a neckbrace and being attended b
ambulance officers at about twenty to nine. Hopefully the traffic wa
moving slowly at the time and it was a low speed accident.

Wellington St PERTH

Steve

--
SteveA

Old June 14th 05, 10:42 AM
Davidm

"Claude" wrote in message
I hope the woman cyclist who was injured on Wellington St this morning is
OK. She was lying on the road with a neckbrace and being attended by
ambulance officers at about twenty to nine. Hopefully the traffic was
moving slowly at the time and it was a low speed accident.

Mosman Park, Perth CBD, or Eastern States somewhere...?

Cheers
David m

Old June 14th 05, 11:30 AM
Jules

SteveA wrote:
Claude Wrote:

I hope the woman cyclist who was injured on Wellington St this morning
is
OK. She was lying on the road with a neckbrace and being attended by
ambulance officers at about twenty to nine. Hopefully the traffic was
moving slowly at the time and it was a low speed accident.

Wellington St PERTH?

SteveA

Sounds like Wellington St Collingwood, Melbourne.
Old June 14th 05, 11:34 AM
John Tserkezis

Davidm wrote:

I hope the woman cyclist who was injured on Wellington St this morning is
OK. She was lying on the road with a neckbrace and being attended by
ambulance officers at about twenty to nine. Hopefully the traffic was
moving slowly at the time and it was a low speed accident.

Mosman Park, Perth CBD, or Eastern States somewhere...?

It goes way beyond which state, the question is which suburb?

Wellington Street, Australia:

25 suburbs/localities in New South Wales,
18 in Queensland,
9 in South Australia,
10 in Tasmania,
25 in Victoria,
9 in Western Australia.
0 in Northern Territory. (Whoo hoo, that narrows it down a bit!)
--
Linux Registered User # 302622 http://counter.li.org
Old June 14th 05, 01:22 PM
Jock

"Jules" wrote in message
| SteveA wrote:
| Claude Wrote:
|
| I hope the woman cyclist who was injured on Wellington St this morning
| is
| OK. She was lying on the road with a neckbrace and being attended by
| ambulance officers at about twenty to nine. Hopefully the traffic was
| moving slowly at the time and it was a low speed accident.
|

| Wellington St PERTH?
|
| SteveA
|

| Sounds like Wellington St Collingwood, Melbourne.

cpe-144-132-92-190.vic.bigpond.net.au
Jock

Old June 14th 05, 01:59 PM
Claude

It was Wellington Street, Collingwood, Melbourne. Sorry to be so vague!

Wellington St can be pretty hairy even when the traffic's slow - motorists
from the side streets charge out and barely ever look to check the bike
lane. I often have to brake hard to miss cars coming through the stop signs.

"John Tserkezis" wrote in message
u...

Old June 14th 05, 11:48 PM
Dave A

Well I guessed Wellington St Collingwood. This street is awful.
I subscribe that bike lanes of this sort of more dangerous than riding
on a normal road.
The traffic banks up to a standstill. Cyclist ride merrily in the bike
lanes and cars turn left or right (across the parked traffic) and the
bike lane without looking. The cyclist visibility is also compromised.
IMHO it's much safer to ride on a road where your with the traffic.

Of course my opinion is tainted as I had a severe accident in this
street in 1997. Ruptured Achilles, broken wrist, cracked rib, sprained
ankle, stuffed AC joint. Scratches ane grazes as if I was run over and
dragged along the road under a car ............. oh hang on I was.

Hope the lady is OK.

Old June 15th 05, 12:08 AM
John Tserkezis

Claude wrote:

It was Wellington Street, Collingwood, Melbourne. Sorry to be so vague!

I figured that as one of four that would have been in Melbourne.

I narrowed down to Victoria (because it appears that _everyone_ has had a
bad day on the roads in victoria), narrowed further by removing all the
country entries, all the short back streets, leaving only the the longer,
major roads in inner Melbourne.

My point being, _please_ state your area and/or state when specifying a
'bad' street. We're not all locals to your particular neck of the woods, and
it may come in useful for those of us who travel interstate for the larger
publicised rides. (or those of us who travel and take our bikes with us).

At least we know what to look out for.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622 http://counter.li.org
Old June 15th 05, 01:03 AM
slaw

Yup, I'm always wary of those side streets, both from cars entering o
crossing, or cars in Wellington deciding to turn off when traffic i
near stationery but you can still whizz along the bike lanes
I used to take one or both of my daughters down there to their crech
on our tandem and was very cautious, however, it is a heap bette
alternative to Hoddle St/Punt Rd, which I'd just about never use
Coming home (north) they'd always be cars sitting in the bike lane
trying to turn left into Johnson. One time saw a motorbike cop bookin
a motorbike that was using a bike lane, but I wished they'd get more o
the cars

--
slaw