California Working Against Climate Change.

Old October 2nd 20, 04:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default California Working Against Climate Change.

More of the ignorance of Governor Gavin Loathsome.. He is going to pay a subsidy for people that buy electric bicycles. Now think of this - rather than pedaling a bike he thinks that expending fossil fuel to generate electricity to charge an electric bike is saving the planet.

This goes along with his belief that electric cars are going to save the planet when 99.9% of the pollution of vehicles these days comes from the rubber dust expelled from the tires while driving.

I believe that he has a lot of investments in the power companies.
Old October 3rd 20, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Steve Weeks

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 10:10:45 AM UTC-5, wrote:

... 99.9% of the pollution of vehicles these days comes from the rubber dust expelled from the tires while driving.

Citation needed. :-)
Old October 3rd 20, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 08:10:41 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

More of the ignorance of Governor Gavin Loathsome.. He is going to pay a
subsidy for people that buy electric bicycles. Now think of this -
rather than pedaling a bike he thinks that expending fossil fuel to
generate electricity to charge an electric bike is saving the planet.

What is the uptake of solar panels in CA?
They can charge their own batteries

This goes along with his belief that electric cars are going to save the
planet when 99.9% of the pollution of vehicles these days comes from the
rubber dust expelled from the tires while driving.

Which is why he wants to encourage bicycle use.

Old October 3rd 20, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

What is shocking is that you don't ****ing even know how to look something up on the same computer you're asking for citations on. Long ago catalytic converters almost entirely ended CO3 pollution and unburned gasoline. CO2 is NOT a pollutant. It is a constituent of our atmosphere.

https://phys.org/news/2019-11-rubber-environment.html
Old October 3rd 20, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 7:43:27 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 08:10:41 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

More of the ignorance of Governor Gavin Loathsome.. He is going to pay a
subsidy for people that buy electric bicycles. Now think of this -
rather than pedaling a bike he thinks that expending fossil fuel to
generate electricity to charge an electric bike is saving the planet.

What is the uptake of solar panels in CA?
They can charge their own batteries

This goes along with his belief that electric cars are going to save the
planet when 99.9% of the pollution of vehicles these days comes from the
rubber dust expelled from the tires while driving.

Which is why he wants to encourage bicycle use.

Then why don't YOU invent a self charging e-bike? Instead you want someone else to do it for you.
Old October 4th 20, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

wrote:

... 99.9% of the pollution of vehicles these days comes from the
rubber dust expelled from the tires while driving.

Citation needed. :-)

What is shocking is that you don't ****ing even know how to look
something up on the same computer you're asking for citations on. Long
ago catalytic converters almost entirely ended CO3 pollution

ERR BULL****. They only reduce the amount below the legislated percentage.
at least to pass MV inspectgion.

and unburned gasoline. CO2 is NOT a pollutant.
It is a constituent of our
atmosphere.

and we tend to die if the levels go outside the range we evolved to,
Old October 4th 20, 12:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Sat, 03 Oct 2020 10:57:03 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 7:43:27 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 08:10:41 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

More of the ignorance of Governor Gavin Loathsome.. He is going to
pay a subsidy for people that buy electric bicycles. Now think of
this - rather than pedaling a bike he thinks that expending fossil
fuel to generate electricity to charge an electric bike is saving the
planet.

What is the uptake of solar panels in CA?
They can charge their own batteries

This goes along with his belief that electric cars are going to save
the planet when 99.9% of the pollution of vehicles these days comes
from the rubber dust expelled from the tires while driving.

Which is why he wants to encourage bicycle use.

Then why don't YOU invent a self charging e-bike?

I have.

Instead you want
someone else to do it for you.

Nah, my design is better,

Old October 4th 20, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

wrote:

... 99.9% of the pollution of vehicles these days comes from the
rubber dust expelled from the tires while driving.

Citation needed. :-)

What is shocking is that you don't ****ing even know how to look
something up on the same computer you're asking for citations on. Long
ago catalytic converters almost entirely ended CO3 pollution

ERR BULL****. They only reduce the amount below the legislated percentage.
at least to pass MV inspectgion.

and unburned gasoline. CO2 is NOT a pollutant.
It is a constituent of our
atmosphere.

and we tend to die if the levels go outside the range we evolved to,

Even worse. Catalytic converters don’t affect CO2 emissions at all. When
you burn gasoline (CxHy) in Oxygen, you get water and CO2. Catalytic
converters work on NO2 and I burnt hydrocarbons.

Old October 4th 20, 02:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

... 99.9% of the pollution of vehicles these days comes from the
rubber dust expelled from the tires while driving.

Citation needed. :-)
What is shocking is that you don't ****ing even know how to look
something up on the same computer you're asking for citations on. Long
ago catalytic converters almost entirely ended CO3 pollution

ERR BULL****. They only reduce the amount below the legislated percentage.
at least to pass MV inspectgion.

and unburned gasoline. CO2 is NOT a pollutant.
It is a constituent of our
atmosphere.

and we tend to die if the levels go outside the range we evolved to,

Even worse. Catalytic converters don’t affect CO2 emissions at all. When
you burn gasoline (CxHy) in Oxygen, you get water and CO2. Catalytic
converters work on NO2 and I burnt hydrocarbons.

Actually that isn't exactly correct. See
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/....1955.10467686
A gasoline engine emits

Constituents of Internal Combustion Engine Exhaust Gases
Major Constituents(greater than 1%)
Water, H2O
Carbon dioxide, CO2
Nitrogen, N2
Oxygen, O2
Carbon monoxide, CO
Hydrogen, H2

Minor Constituents(less than 1%)
Oxides of sulfur, SO2, SO.i
Oxides of nitrogen, NO, N02
Aldehydes, HCHO, etc.
Organic acids, HCOOH, etc.
Alcohols, CH,OH, etc.
Hydrocarbons CnHm
Smoke
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old October 4th 20, 06:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Pedantry will get you nowhere.