FS: 56cm Tommasini frame with new Tommasini fork

Old June 9th 05, 05:59 AM
Frank

Default FS: 56cm Tommasini frame with new Tommasini fork

The best riding bikes of the many I have been fortunate enough to own over
the years are Tommasini lugged steel framesets. In fact, the only bike I
have built up and ride is a Tommasini SLX Super Prestige. I owned another
one several years ago and loved it, but foolishly sold it about three years
ago. I looked for another for a long time, and last spring was fortunate
enough to find the one I currently ride.

At about that same time, I found this beautiful Tommasini Comp frameset and
bought it. I took the used Tommasini fork from this Tommasini Comp (my Super
Prestige frame didn't come with a Tommasini fork) to build up my Super
Prestige and put this frame in storage.

As nice as this Tommasini Comp is, I will not be building up another
Tommasini because I am not selling my Super Prestige, so I am offering this
Comp for sale. This is a more flamboyant model to my black and gold and
silver Tommasini SLX Super Prestige that I like so well.

This Tommasini Comp frame measures 56cm from the center of the bottom
bracket to the top of the top tube with a 55.5cm top tube. The frame tubing
is Columbus SL with chromed rear stays. The Tommasini "T" is cut out of the
bottom bracket shell, and is also engraved in the headtube lugs, bridge
stay, and fork crown.

The bike, according to Bill Lewis who used to be the Tommasini distributor
in the US, is painted in a Quattro Colori in a rare red, rather than white,
main color with white, blue, yellow, and pink contrasts. The color pattern
is flip-flopped on either side. You have to see the pictures to appreciate
the brilliance of the color and artistry in the paint scheme. I have never
seen a bike painted like this one...it is truly unique and draws attention
and admiration even from non-cyclists.

As I mentioned earlier, I took the used fork from this frame and built up my
Super Prestige. I thought I would eventually build this one up also, so I
bought one of the last new and rare never used Tommasini AIR chromed steel
1" threaded forks from the former U.S. Tommasini distributor.

I recently spoke with the current U.S. Tommasini distributor and he told me
the threaded Tommasini AIR forks are no longer available. The only option
now is to get a threadless one and have it threaded by a bike shop. He told
me the last original 1" threaded Tommasini chromed AIR forks he could get
were $350, and even his option of threading a threadless Tommasini fork is
now $320!

The rear brake cable is routed internally through the top tube, there is a
braze-on front derailleur tab and downtube shifter bosses, a pump peg, and
two sets of water bottle bosses. The headtube measures 135mm with a 185mm 1"
threaded steerer on the fork. The rear dropouts are horizontal with dropout
screws included and measure 130mm wide. Takes an Italian threaded bottom
bracket (I tried one and could spin a Campy bottom bracket in by hand).

There are a few scratches and chips that have been touched up, mainly on the
right side of the bike. This was a lightly ridden never crashed used bike
and was fanatically maintained by the owner. However, it is used and there
are the few nicks and chips that would be expected of a used bike of late
1980's vintage. There is a crinkling and tear of the Tommasini seat tube
decal (maybe when it was built), but the condition of the bike is excellent
and the overall appearance of the bike is spectacular.

The chrome on the stays is excellent, and the chrome on the fork is new.
This bike has very few miles and is really vibrant and striking in person.
The frame and fork have been completely treated inside the tubes with
Boeshield T-9 rust prevention spray.

This frame will turn heads wherever you go.it is stunningly beautiful! Once
you admire the workmanship, quality, and artistry of this frame and fork,
then build the bike up and ride it, I think you will understand why I and
other Tommasini owners love their Tommasini's so much.

$625 professionally packed, shipped, and insured to the lower 48 United
States for the lightly used Tommasini frame and new, never used Tommasini
chromed steel
AIR fork.

Many pictures available for free.

Thanks,