Debris on Heidelberg Rd

Old July 24th 03, 09:51 AM
hippy

Default Debris on Heidelberg Rd

"Ben Long" wrote in message
Were all these items all found in the one placeat the one time? Sounds

like
a truck load of stuff... literally!

No, all these things were found over many years and many rides in two
Victorian
cities. I know there's been other things, some of which were simply too big
carry back home (no, not parked cars..) but those listed were the common
ones
and ones I could remember.

hip

snip stuff found while riding

Old July 24th 03, 12:04 PM
K&C Russell

"hippy" wrote in message
"Ben Long" wrote in message
Were all these items all found in the one placeat the one time? Sounds

like
a truck load of stuff... literally!

No, all these things were found over many years and many rides in two
Victorian
cities. I know there's been other things, some of which were simply too

big
carry back home (no, not parked cars..) but those listed were the common
ones
and ones I could remember.

hip

snip stuff found while riding

I find Monday the best day for picking up spanners and screw drivers. I
reckon they work on the car over the weekend and rest the tools under the
bonnet while working and forget to put them away. A few corners up the road
they hit the deck.

My collection:
Shifters
Numerous screw drivers
new pack of screw driver bits
assorted small tools
cash

Kevin
coins

Old July 24th 03, 08:00 PM
Matt

Default Debris on the Hume and Federal Hwy

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
In the last twelve months
pOne Swiss army knife , which was a nice replacement for the one I had
to pawn to get train fair home from Goulburn
brOne gel seat cover which was most  welcome, as it was the model
that went with my seat.
brOne Thermal camp sleep Matt ( bad pun )
brNumerous occy straps
brNumerous hooks etc.
brThe exact metal strips I needed to repair my front racks.
brOne watch
brMany Replacement tail light covers.
br$15 dollars in cash ( ten and a five dollar note
brNumerous juice bottle bongs esp going into Canberra
brMany Screw drivers and spanners
br
pBen Long wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEWere all these items all found in the one placeat
the one time?  Sounds like
bra truck load of stuff... literally!
p"hippy" wrote in message
bra @ne ws-server.bigpond.net.au/a...
br "Theo Bekkers" wrote in message
br a "news:3f /a...
br In ten years of riding to work I picked up and brought home:-
br
br I've scored (memory fading here):
br - countless screwdrivers
br - countless spanners
br - a nice wood saw
br - quite a few large car magnets (great for the fridge)
br - lots of coins
br - more than one brand new tube of glue
br - heaps of those wheel-balancing lead weights from cars
br - a few nice hub caps (~$50 ea. to buy replacement ones!)
br - a saw guide thing for cutting mitres
br - a zippo lighter
br
br These are just some of the things I can remember off the top of
br my head. hip.
br
br/blockquote
/html

Old July 24th 03, 10:58 PM
hippy

"K&C Russell" wrote in message
I find Monday the best day for picking up spanners and screw drivers.

reckon they work on the car over the weekend and rest the tools under

the
bonnet while working and forget to put them away. A few corners up

the road
they hit the deck.

My collection:
Shifters
Numerous screw drivers
new pack of screw driver bits
assorted small tools
cash

Kevin
coins

You found a Kevin?!?
:-)

hip
too early to be posting...

Old July 25th 03, 01:58 AM
Theo Bekkers

"hippy" wrote

You found a Kevin?!?

I had a Bruce smile at me, but decided against taking him home. :-)

Theo
Thinking how silly I must have looked carrying home a surveyor's
staff. Still use it regularly.

Old July 27th 03, 09:11 AM

hippy wrote:

"Theo Bekkers" wrote in message
In ten years of riding to work I picked up and brought home:-

I've scored (memory fading here):
- countless screwdrivers
- countless spanners
- a nice wood saw
- quite a few large car magnets (great for the fridge)
- lots of coins
- more than one brand new tube of glue
- heaps of those wheel-balancing lead weights from cars
- a few nice hub caps (~$50 ea. to buy replacement ones!)
- a saw guide thing for cutting mitres
- a zippo lighter

These are just some of the things I can remember off the top of
my head. hip.

Ok, what use are wheel balancing weights? Do you balance your own car
wheels?

GK