Free Food!

Old September 19th 03, 04:03 AM
Bryan

Default Free Food!

Whilst waiting at yet another set of red lights this morning in Victoria
when a man carrying a tray of bread rolls adn asked me if I had heard
about the free cyclists breakfast, and was I interested. Well in under
any other circumstnaces I would jump at teh chance of free food, but
with anither 198 miles to go before I got to work, I couldn't quite
justify the time unfortunataly.

Still good to see that there seems to be some encouragement in getting
people to cyle to work.

Bryan

Old September 19th 03, 08:25 AM
Hjalmar Duklęt

"Bryan" wrote in message
Whilst waiting at yet another set of red lights this morning in Victoria
when a man carrying a tray of bread rolls adn asked me if I had heard
about the free cyclists breakfast, and was I interested. Well in under
any other circumstnaces I would jump at teh chance of free food, but
with anither 198 miles to go before I got to work, I couldn't quite

You definitely need all the food you can get. 198 miles left to go!!!!
Hjalmar

Old September 19th 03, 08:34 AM
Lee

"Bryan" wrote in message

SNIP!

anither 198 miles to go before I got to work, I couldn't quite
justify the time unfortunataly.

You ARE kidding, right?

Old September 19th 03, 09:56 AM
Skunk

198 miles one way to work! Iam knacked after 10 and that's on the flat.
What bike do you ride? whatever it is, I'm getting one. My local
authority runs a couple of mornings a year where cyclists get a free
breakfast when they get to work in the city centre. They have a general
cycle in, encouraging people to join the route.

Old September 19th 03, 01:21 PM
RG

"Skunk" wrote in message
198 miles one way to work! Iam knacked after 10 and that's on the flat.
What bike do you ride? whatever it is, I'm getting one. My local
authority runs a couple of mornings a year where cyclists get a free
breakfast when they get to work in the city centre. They have a general
cycle in, encouraging people to join the route.

I think that the info from the OP is probably referring to some new tax
rulings that Brown (guy who lives next door to Bliar) has introduced where
firms can provide breakfasts to cycle-to-work employees and deduct the costs
against tax (rather than it being taxed as a benefit in kind)

RG