one of the joys of cycling...

Old March 6th 05, 02:36 AM
greggery peccary

Default one of the joys of cycling...

I'm sorry that you lost your nice REI gloves (i found them on the street)
but they are very nice and have found a good home, thanks!

Old March 7th 05, 12:10 AM
Brian Sanderson

--
I too, have enjoyed "gifts from the road gods"...

Foster Grant Ironman sunglasses.

Nike water bottle (dishwasher safe even!)

Pair of (slightly used) Oakley wrap-arounds -- which I lost again the next
week.

Pair of pedals (in the middle of a crosswalk no less! Try explaining that
one...)

Keep yer eyes on the road, men!

Brian.

Old March 7th 05, 04:19 AM
Gooserider

"Brian Sanderson" wrote in message

"greggery peccary" .@. wrote in message
I'm sorry that you lost your nice REI gloves (i found them on the

street)
but they are very nice and have found a good home, thanks!

--
I too, have enjoyed "gifts from the road gods"...

Foster Grant Ironman sunglasses.

Nike water bottle (dishwasher safe even!)

Pair of (slightly used) Oakley wrap-arounds -- which I lost again the next
week.

Pair of pedals (in the middle of a crosswalk no less! Try explaining that
one...)

Keep yer eyes on the road, men!

Brian.

Geez, all I ever find are dead armadillos and the occasional orphaned shoe.
:-)

Old March 7th 05, 05:49 AM

Brian Sanderson wrote:

I too, have enjoyed "gifts from the road gods"...

For me it's usually sockets, i.e., for wrenches. Probably driveway
mechanics leave them lying about while they tinker, then close the hood
and forget them.

Oh, and tableware. In the last couple of years, I have found a steak
knife, a table knife, a spoon, and so help me, two Forks in the Road.

Bill

------------------------------------
| There oughta be limits to Freedom. |
| -- George W. Bush |
------------------------------------

Old March 7th 05, 02:40 PM
Colorado Bicycler

When riding on the shoulder on major two lane highways in Colorado, I
am amazed at the number of large nuts and bolts and misc car parts.
You sort of wonder what is holding those trucks together!

I also have found a number of various tools.

Old March 7th 05, 05:34 PM
Pat

:
My biggest find has been a new waterskiing flotation vest. I can just
imagine it flying out of the back of somebody's boat. Now, imagine a
cyclist wearing a flotation vest riding home on the backroads of Texas.....

Pat in TX

Old March 7th 05, 06:39 PM
Maggie

Diablo Scott wrote:
Maggie wrote:
wrote:

Brian Sanderson wrote:

I too, have enjoyed "gifts from the road gods"...

For me it's usually sockets, i.e., for wrenches. Probably

driveway

mechanics leave them lying about while they tinker, then close the

hood

and forget them.

Oh, and tableware. In the last couple of years, I have found a

steak

knife, a table knife, a spoon, and so help me, two Forks in the

Road.

Bill

------------------------------------

How can a person lose tableware on the road? The most I ever find

if I
am riding or walking is a shoe. I can never figure out how someone
loses one shoe. What were they doing when they lost that shoe?

Isn't
losing a shoe, something you would notice in time to go back and

get
it? Did it come off the foot of someone or was he/she carrying the
shoe. Did anyone ever lose one shoe? This has always been a

mystery
to me. How does one lose one of their shoes on the road? HOW? I

need
to know.
All Good Things,
Maggie

Cecil Adams's straight dope on the one shoe thing:
http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a3_124b.html

Well, actually it's mostly conjecture with no satisfactory

conclusion,
but a fun read.
--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

That was a fabulous read. I loved it. Thanks for sharing. I could never
understand the one shoe thing and now I realize that many people are
confused. Makes me feel much better. Now tell me about the lost sock in
the washing machine. You know a pair goes in....why does only one come
back? ;-) I DO NEED A LIFE!!
Thanks for sharing that..
All good things
Maggie...still laughing.

Old March 7th 05, 07:37 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Gooserider" writes:

Geez, all I ever find are dead armadillos and the occasional orphaned shoe.
:-)

I've found a couple of $20 bills over the past year.

Spotted /lots/ of single gloves lying in the streets
during the last several months.

cheers,
Tom

--