20" Studded Tires - Icy Pavement

Old December 6th 03, 08:32 AM
David Cambon

Default 20" Studded Tires - Icy Pavement

Does anyone know the latest rumour on the possible appearance of a 20"
(406mm) studded tire. Nokian apparently once made a 20" studded tire
for Swedish postal workers.

I would like to improve the stickiness of the front tire of a LWB on
early morning ice on pavement (Vancouver, British Columbia).
Old December 6th 03, 12:56 PM
Markku Poysti

Does anyone know the latest rumour on the possible appearance of a 20"
(406mm) studded tire. Nokian apparently once made a 20" studded tire
for Swedish postal workers.

Nokian is still making the 20 inch 55 mm studded tire. I think it is made for
finnish postal workers, but maybe swedes use it too...

Old December 11th 03, 05:39 AM

Markku Poysti wrote:
:Does anyone know the latest rumour on the possible appearance of a 20"
:(406mm) studded tire. Nokian apparently once made a 20" studded tire
:for Swedish postal workers.

: Nokian is still making the 20 inch 55 mm studded tire. I think it is made for
: finnish postal workers, but maybe swedes use it too...

Hmm ok where could we get those? I guess mounting them on 1.75"
rims would be stretching it though.

The ones from Innova are not serious quality afaik.

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/

Old December 11th 03, 04:36 PM
Steve Collier

The Innova ones are on www.cyclecomponents.com.

Old December 12th 03, 09:46 AM
Steve Collier

wrote in message
... The ones from Innova are not serious quality afaik.

The Innova ones are on www.cyclecomponents.com.

I forgot to ask - Why do you say this Risto? Is it the quality of the tyre,
the spikes, or what?

Old December 12th 03, 01:37 PM
Markku Poysti

Hmm ok where could we get those? I guess mounting them on 1.75"
rims would be stretching it though.

http://www.pedalkraft.de/bereifung.htm (Nokian spike). It is actually
57-407.

Or i can sell mine for 20 euros here in Espoo, Finland. (i dont need it
anymore, since i switched 20 - 26).

The innova ones don't have "hard metal" spikes as far as i know, and the
spikes wear quickly if riding on paved roads.

Old December 15th 03, 04:26 AM

Markku Poysti wrote:
:Hmm ok where could we get those? I guess mounting them on 1.75"
:rims would be stretching it though.

: http://www.pedalkraft.de/bereifung.htm (Nokian spike). It is actually
: 57-407.

: Or i can sell mine for 20 euros here in Espoo, Finland. (i dont need it
: anymore, since i switched 20 - 26).

You had the Nokians? How many kilos on them? 20 euros for a pair?

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/

Old December 16th 03, 11:41 AM
Markku Poysti

You had the Nokians? How many kilos on them? 20 euros for a pair?

I have only one Nokian tire for sale, and i'm asking 20 euros. It is as good as
new, maybe 100 km. And it weighs more than one kilo

No more studded tires Per Elmsäter Mountain Biking 4 April 2nd 04 10:29 AM
Studded tires R Christensen General 2 January 27th 04 05:40 PM
Studded tires at Nashbar rorschandt Recumbent Biking 1 November 24th 03 04:41 AM
Braking while turning [email protected] Techniques 45 August 1st 03 06:56 PM