disc brake/disc wheels options

Old November 2nd 04, 11:05 AM
D T W .../\\...

"Duncan" wrote in message
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2004-11-02, Zilla penned:

To help you put your wheels on "just right", try the following... -

Set
the
bike on its wheels, with the QRs disengaged - Push down on the

handlebars
(for front) or the seat (for rear) - While pushing down, lock the
appropriate QR

Works for me all the time.

How tall are you? Locking the QRs while pushing down on the handlebars
doesn't sound all that easy from here (but I can't test it, anyway,

because of
my wrist).

Turn the bike upside down and let gravity do the work.

I read somewhere that it's not a good idea to turn a disk brake bike upside
down.

It could allow air to get into the hydraulic fluid.

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

Old November 2nd 04, 12:45 PM
Zilla

On 2004-11-02, Zilla penned:
On 2004-11-02, Zilla penned:

To help you put your wheels on "just right", try the following...
- Set the bike on its wheels, with the QRs disengaged - Push down
on the handlebars (for front) or the seat (for rear) - While
pushing down, lock the appropriate QR

Works for me all the time.

How tall are you? Locking the QRs while pushing down on the
handlebars doesn't sound all that easy from here (but I can't test
it, anyway, because of my wrist).

Have Eric, or someone else help. I'm 5'7" and I somehow manage. You
don't have to push down hard, just enough to sit the QR even on each
end.

No thanks. I'd rather keep using my method than require someone else
around just so I can ride my bike squeak-free.

.... For that matter, I'm not sure why pushing on both sides of the
skewer while the bike's upside down wouldn't have the same effect?

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

Why NOT go with your way?

If you push the wheel while engaging the skewer, chances
are you'll twist it more. At least that's my experience but that
may just be me...

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old November 2nd 04, 02:56 PM
Shaun

On 2004-11-02, Zilla penned:

To help you put your wheels on "just right", try the following... -

Set
the
bike on its wheels, with the QRs disengaged - Push down on the

handlebars
(for front) or the seat (for rear) - While pushing down, lock the
appropriate QR

Works for me all the time.

How tall are you? Locking the QRs while pushing down on the

handlebars
doesn't sound all that easy from here (but I can't test it, anyway,

because of
my wrist).

Turn the bike upside down and let gravity do the work.

I read somewhere that it's not a good idea to turn a disk brake bike

upside
down.

It could allow air to get into the hydraulic fluid.

Must be **** brakes then.

Shaun aRe

Old November 2nd 04, 03:36 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-11-02, D T W .../\... penned:

I read somewhere that it's not a good idea to turn a disk brake bike upside
down.

It could allow air to get into the hydraulic fluid.

Um.

Well, in any case, I have mechs, so I guess I'm safe.

Old November 4th 04, 06:12 PM
arlo

JS wrote in
:

What are some good
wheel and brake options and good online retailers for them? Cost is
definately a factor. I also don't want to go overboard on weight
since they will be primarily for XC.

I've been riding my Magura Julies that came stock on my Diamondback XTS. No
complaints. I think they are pretty reasonably priced. I've never had any
other type so I don't have much more insight.

disc brakes - new wheels ? David UK 8 August 12th 04 10:18 AM
Why are the wheels big? Why not tiny wheels? Kolaga Xiuhtecuhtli General 45 November 5th 03 09:25 PM
F/S LEW graphite 650c Tubular Wheels Marketplace 0 July 31st 03 08:00 PM