Where's Giro on OLN?

Old May 23rd 05, 01:34 AM

Default Where's Giro on OLN?

My Tivo didn't grab any coverage this weekend, and I there's no
upcoming programs showing up on the directory. Did they drop it just
after one weekend, or is my satellite f-ed up?

Old May 24th 05, 12:32 AM
Bill

wrote in message
ups.com...
My Tivo didn't grab any coverage this weekend, and I there's no
upcoming programs showing up on the directory. Did they drop it just
after one weekend, or is my satellite f-ed up?

My DirecTV Tivo got it . I have a season pass set up for "Bicycle Racing" on
(OLN 608) that seems to do a good job. It is set to always record an extra
hour. Right now it is shows two upcoming episodes, next Saturday and Sunday.
For what is worth the OLN streaming video, 6 bucks for 13 stages, watched
live in conjunction with Eurosport's streaming audio paused for about 20
seconds to bring them into sync is a winner.
Bill Brannon

Old May 24th 05, 12:40 AM
Morgan Fletcher

"Bill" writes:
For what is worth the OLN streaming video, 6 bucks for 13 stages, watched
live in conjunction with Eurosport's streaming audio paused for about 20
seconds to bring them into sync is a winner.

Anyone out there gotten a linux client to play any of the Giro video feeds?
Which client? Tell me more.

No joy, here.

Morgan
--
Morgan Fletcher, Oakland, CA, USA
Old May 24th 05, 02:06 AM
Mike Iglesias

In article ,
Morgan Fletcher wrote:
Anyone out there gotten a linux client to play any of the Giro video feeds?
Which client? Tell me more.

No joy, here.

I haven't tried it, but mplayer seems to do a fairly good job of handling
MS format stuff (at least what I have tried).

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/

If you're running Fedora Core 3 you can use yum to get the prebuilt
binaries. Let me know if you need the info for the yum.conf file to
do that.

--
Mike Iglesias Email:
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926

UCI backs Giro teams tispectrum Racing 0 May 19th 05 03:06 PM
Bacchetta Giro Test Ride Report, Mini Review Rocketman Recumbent Biking 10 January 1st 04 12:43 AM
A look at Giro and Tour winners- who's better? Tony Racing 15 November 13th 03 04:57 PM
Giro 1 year report Denny Voorhees Recumbent Biking 8 September 23rd 03 12:36 AM
Wins in Grand Tours? Isidor Gunsberg Racing 11 July 31st 03 07:32 PM