Sydney to Melbourne

Old October 19th 03, 04:16 AM
Nic Price

Default Sydney to Melbourne

Last night at a dinner party a couple of friends mentioned that a
unicyclist had been on Rove and was organising a charity ride from
Sydney to Melbourne. It may have been one of the cast from The Secret
Life of Us.

Anybody have any more information on this?
How come nobody mentioned it at Uninats?

nic
Old October 19th 03, 05:16 AM
djm

Nick.

What date will be on. This coming week or next week. Rove is on Live
every week at 9:30pm on Tuesdays. I'll be watching it.
If you reading these threads earlier during this year you would end up
at the Uninats in A.C.T during the long weekend and I wasn't there that
weekend. The next one is in Darwin so be ready when you can. I will be
there in Darwin in 2005.

David

--
djm - David John Mason

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/davidsalbum
davidjmason[at]unicyclist[dot]com
-David J. Mason-

djm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3299

Old October 19th 03, 08:17 AM
andrew_carter

Nic,

I also heard this a few days ago. A friend said one of the cast of The
Secret Life of Us was on the show and did a bit of unicycling and that
he'll be doing the ride you mentioned. I couldn't track down a tape of
that episode so I don't know any more. I was really surprised to hear
about it though.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - http://www.thehungersite.com

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au - Opening soon!
I love unicycling!

Old October 19th 03, 10:22 AM
Julian O.

(Nic Price) wrote in message om...
Last night at a dinner party a couple of friends mentioned that a
unicyclist had been on Rove and was organising a charity ride from
Sydney to Melbourne. It may have been one of the cast from The Secret
Life of Us.

Anybody have any more information on this?

Yes. See
http://www.canteenlifecycle.com.au/

Samuel Johnson starts riding on October 24th.

How come nobody mentioned it at Uninats?

People did mention it - the discussion came up a couple of times, but
much of it was hearsay and rumour.

Regards

Julian O
Old October 19th 03, 11:07 AM
andrew_carter

David,
Nic and Julian were both at UniNats.

Nic and Julian,
Why not stick around and sign up on unicyclist.com?

Would you two be interested in attending the Weekend of Australian Muni
here in Brisbane? After all Nic, it was your idea. If you are
interested, what time of year would suit you?

Andrew

Old October 20th 03, 01:02 AM
djm

Thank you so much Andrew for that. Apologies To Nic.
I'm with Andrew Nic and Julian O sign up on this please and well be
friends.

David

Old October 20th 03, 01:34 AM
Nic Price

Why not stick around and sign up on unicyclist.com?

I did. But apparently my webpage access isn't working and I haven't
had time to sort it out.

Would you two be interested in attending the Weekend of Australian Muni
here in Brisbane? After all Nic, it was your idea. If you are
interested, what time of year would suit you?

Definitely. When's the weather most pleasant?
For me, some time after March makes most sense.
This is just to avoid doing lots of travel and taking lots of
circus-related holidays. Like I said. I'll be doing Woodford in
December and then the Australian Circus Festival in Feb / March.

nic
Old October 21st 03, 01:20 PM
Julian O.

andrew_carter wrote in message ...
Why not stick around and sign up on unicyclist.com?

Unicyclist.com's registration process is broken at the moment. I have
reported it to Gilby.

I am an old-timer to r.s.u (I was one of the original voters for the
creation of the newsgroup) but I haven't been able to keep up with it
for a few years.

I am just popping in to visit at the moment to research some updates
for the Been There, Done That (on a unicycle) page.

http://www.unicycling.org/unicycling/btdt

Would you two be interested in attending the Weekend of Australian Muni
here in Brisbane?

Sorry, you'll have to count me out - but I'll pass on the details to a
few people in the area, when you have them.

Regards

Julian
Old October 21st 03, 09:35 PM
andrew_carter

Thanks. There should be an email being sent to all the AUS members
about it.

Andrew

Old November 21st 03, 02:35 PM
JJuggle

Here are some links to articles about this ride and the rider:

http://www.thecourier.com.au/detail....gory=gene ral
news&story_id=268339&y=2003&m=11

http://tinyurl.com/vz9e

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme.
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24