Discovery

Old June 23rd 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

Default Discovery

Has the discovery team been announced yet for the Tour? If not any
ideas who will be in it, besides the obvious Levi, TD, Devolder,
Hincapie...

Discovery always seem to have great climbers, now they have another
one in Devolder. He had a great Vuelta (climbing among the leaders
along with TD) and is currently 7th in Switzerland, only 2 minutes
behind.

Andre

Old June 23rd 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jun 22, 8:09 pm, Andre wrote:
Has the discovery team been announced yet for the Tour? If not any
ideas who will be in it, besides the obvious Levi, TD, Devolder,
Hincapie...

No TdF for TD
http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/12412.0.html

But Gusev will apparently be there
http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/12459.0.html

"It was my directeur-sportif Dirk Demol that gave me the advice to go
into a break," said Gusev, Demol later confirming the Russian's ride
Friday guarantees him a spot at the Tour de France.

DR

Old June 23rd 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Andre wrote:
Has the discovery team been announced yet for the Tour? If not any
ideas who will be in it, besides the obvious Levi, TD, Devolder,
Hincapie...

Since Discovery pulled out of the teams union this week, and
deliberately spit in the union's face by signing Basso, I would make
them sit next to Unibet for the tour. They can't be trusted.
Old June 23rd 07, 07:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett

Kyle Legate writes:

Andre wrote:
Has the discovery team been announced yet for the Tour? If not any
ideas who will be in it, besides the obvious Levi, TD, Devolder,
Hincapie...

Since Discovery pulled out of the teams union this week, and
deliberately spit in the union's face by signing Basso, I would make
them sit next to Unibet for the tour. They can't be trusted.

Discovery don't really have much of a squad any more.

And Johan, without his Prima Ballerina, really is not much of a
manager/DS

He's made quite a few glaring mistakes - Basso being just one
(remember how you dissed me when I forecast Trouble over that
Pantomime six months ago?) and now he's miffed and taking his Bat and
Ball home because the rest of the managers won't Kiss his Ass anymore.

Furthermore, Devolder's performance over the last, let's say
three-four seasons, is highly suspect. If I were a betting man, I'd
bet that McBoggy's sleuths have him firmly in their sights as one of
the six or seven 'Interesting' riders.

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old June 23rd 07, 09:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 08:23:59 +0200, Davey Crockett
wrote:

Discovery don't really have much of a squad any more.

Yeah, I mean when's the last time they placed a rider on the top of a
podium in a major pro race? Like, not in the last 12 or 18 hours.
They're done.
--
JT
****************************
Old June 23rd 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Discovery should have demanded a DNA test from Basso before they
signed him. Discovery's biggest problem is that they don't have strong
lieutenant to support Levi in the mountains. Hincapie is strong rider,
but he can't stay with him in harder climbs. Levi's tour is in doubt
at this point. The biggest mystery is why Popyvich did not enter the
Tour de Suisse and has dropped out of sight. If Popyyvich is not ready
for tdf then Discovery will have big problems. Discovery will then be
forced to concentrate on some stage wins. The question then is, will a
sponsor be satisfied with some stage wins in the tdf.

On Jun 22, 11:23 pm, Davey Crockett

Old June 23rd 07, 11:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 23, 5:11 am, " wrote:
Discovery should have demanded a DNA test from Basso before they
signed him. Discovery's biggest problem is that they don't have strong
lieutenant to support Levi in the mountains.

dumbass,

and leipheier's problem is he might not be the best on the team.

Old June 23rd 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message .com,
') wrote:

Discovery should have demanded a DNA test from Basso before they
signed him.

They did. It was publicly part of the deal. He refused to do one for
Bjarne, but he was happy enough for Disco.

((DoctorWho)ChristopherEccleston).act();
uk.co.bbc.TypecastException: actor does not want to be typecast.
[adapted from autofile on /., 31/03/05]

Old June 23rd 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Callistus Valerius

dumbass,

and leipheier's problem is he might not be the best on the team.

Hincapie is strong rider,
but he can't stay with him in harder climbs. Levi's tour is in doubt
at this point.

Why don't they put Odessa on the team, I'm sure she could pull Levi's lazy
ass up the mountains.

Discovery 2 David Martin UK 0 July 29th 06 01:45 PM
Got a Discovery 501 [email protected] UK 12 May 25th 06 04:28 PM
Discovery at the TdF Tuschinski Racing 5 May 8th 06 03:16 PM
Stage7: 1) DISCOVERY! 2) DISCOVERY! 3) DISCOVERY! Me Racing 23 June 14th 05 07:46 AM
Who's the guy(s) on Discovery test account Racing 3 March 4th 05 11:08 AM