Disabusing Dullard's Disingenuously Distasteful Discourse

Old December 17th 05, 08:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Disabusing Dullard's Disingenuously Distasteful Discourse

Mike Rice Wrote:
On 16 Dec 2005 12:57:13 -0800, "LoGo USA" wrote:

Hey guys-

This is a long post, pretty much just what will probably
my last posting this year - the end product of notes I've
popped off - berating the misguided miscreant who still
stubbornly continues to litter the ARBR archives with
mean-spirited self-indulgent drivel posted in the names
of Ed Dolan and nget. Don't waste your time reading any
further unless you enjoy the humiliation of this sad
(but very deserving) simpleton. Anyway, here we go again:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

AWWW-WWW... both sides of the Dolan-nget duality (aka
DO-NG) are unhappy. While his virtual stepchild nged
(nget with a dash of Dolan) poor-mouths:

I am the underdog, in that there should be no doubt.

There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!

Indiana Mike

Good for you Mike to use what I said to make a joke. Another poster
who only shows up here once in a while used that same line to attack
another person on the group. What a shame that some have no sense of
humor.
Willapa Mark

--
nget

Old December 17th 05, 09:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"LoGo USA" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]
I am never that inspired although I try to be as equally
as truthful [awkward, meaningless phrasing sic] in my own
inimitable manner.

It would have been better to write:

I am never that inspired although I try to be equally
as truthful in my own inimitable manner.

One extra "as" and Wayne goes crazy.

I could go through my entire post and make these minor corrections one by
one, but why bother. I am not writing for publication. I am writing for half
educated jackasses like Wayne Leggett. It goes without saying that I could
take a few extra seconds and perfect my writing way beyond anything that the
Poet of Poop could ever achieve.

But more to the point, what is wrong with Wayne's style? It is highly
affected and so rings false. He writes to impress, never realizing that he
is being obvious, thereby negating the desired effect. Only the half
educated like him will be impressed. The fully educated, such as yours
truly, will never be impressed. What impresses my kind is prose simply
written that anyone can understand right off the bat. I don't think he is
capable of that.

Surprisingly, Mr. Tom Sherman is an amazingly good writer. I say
surprisingly because he so wrong headed on so many political issues. Also,
most engineers are terrible writers, almost as bad as most scientists. Wayne
Leggett could learn a lot by following in the footsteps of Mr. Sherman.
Wayne is probably a liberal too like Mr. Sherman since most poets do not
have the brains to be anything else.
[...]

Sad... All the poor (but much more prolific) partner gets
to do is play blathering buffoon, using dialog deleted (as
much too stodgy) from his local priest's Sunday sermon,
such as:

... since the only purpose of sex is procreation, anyone
who is doing anything in that [soccer?] field without
that goal in mind is clearly demented and depraved...

The priests no longer preach the kind of sermons I like to hear, and so I
preach them myself to the ignorant and stupid like you. Wayne probably
thinks sex is mainly something for him to parody in his execrable verse.
[...]

I have my style... Communication is of the essence...
Repetition is of the essense [sic]... Mr. Dolan is a
highly educated person who knows how to use language
[BLAH, BLAH, BLAH ad nauseum, ab ovo, ad nauseum, ad
infinitum...]

Way too many ellipses. The reader cannot judge what I have written, only
what you have quoted. Selective quoting is ever the hallmark of a scoundrel.
By the way, it is no mortal sin to use the same word more than once. If it
were, you would be in Hell for all eternity.
[...]

Herewith, a FREE and much-needed tutorial in creative
writing - Edgy wrote [all sic, sic, sic]:

Wayne is sick all right! Mainly he needs to stop reading for details
(peccadilloes really) and concentrate on substance. I am a man of big ideas
and so that is what I concentrate on. Wayne is strictly into details and
seems to be devoid of substance. I think it comes from his interest in
verse, where details really do count. However, in prose as it applies here
on ARBR ideas are what count.

Does anyone but me get the feeling that [NAME WITHHELD
BY SPECIAL REQUEST] is constantly resorting to freakish
words to impress others by his vocabulary. Unfortunately
for him, it is having just the opposite effect. It is
something that is done by the half educated who think
they have to use big and/or odd words to convince others
that they are not really as dumb as they know themselves
to be.

While any fairly bright twelve-year-old might write:

Does anyone else feel that Edgy uses freakish words in an
effort to impress others with [not by] his vocabulary?
Unfortunately for him, this habit [not it] has the
opposite effect. Using odd words [again not it] is a
common practice for a poorly educated writer, as he tries
to convince readers that he [correcting Edgy's pronoun-
antecedent error] is really not as dumb as he himself
knows he is. Edgy should not even profess to understand
what a modestly educated person has written, much less
attempt to criticize or emulate it.

Nope, I wrote it better. Your version is weak, my version is strong. But
more importantly, my version is me and your freaking version is freaking
you. Better to stick to your verse and leave the prose to me.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

PS. Hey, Indiana Mike, am I being too nasty with this bozo? I need you to
keep me on track with the new, improved version of Ed Dolan. I am trying to
shake those dark rainbows you mentioned but I can feel them closing in on
me.

Old December 17th 05, 10:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"LoGo USA" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]
By all means go to his [Wayne's] blog, ever the province
of scum bags [sic], scoundrels and knaves.

Screw it! I have had it up to here with English words that either have to be
combined or separated by a hyphen. The Germans are the masters of extremely
long words. As far as I am concerned, when in doubt use separate words.
Anyone but a numskull will be able to read it perfectly. I wrote scum bag,
not scumbag and not scum-bag. Have I not already told you several times that
I am too lazy to look up crap like this. It comes from my being a librarian
in a former life.

What irritates me about this poor poet trying to correct me (perish the
thought) is that there are multiple ways of writing words and composing
sentences. My 'scum bag' is quite correct depending on the dictionary. God
help him if I were to do to him what he does to me. He reeks of errors,
besides making the main one of never having anything worthwhile to say.

I have called him a poor poet for good reason as he has not written anything
lately that is any good. He needs to write something to this group that I
can enjoy. It has to be well written, well thought out and not involve ****
and cum. If he is able to do this, I will drop my present criticism of him.
I know poets are sensitive and that is what I like best about them. I
enjoyed his first effort when it was about me being a troll. I sent it to
everyone I know and we had a good laugh. He needs to figure out how to be
critical of me without insulting me. Is he up to the challenge?

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 17th 05, 02:45 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan wrote:
Wayne Logo (Leggett), the Poet of ARBR, is not at least making any more
references to **** and cum...

For the first:
http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/camp_defecation/dt23_09p12-13.html
and for the second:
http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/sexual_discharges/lv15_16a.html.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley
"went over to the next burrough for a flu shot before mass hysteria set

in: the superduper where the shot fest was held sent out a karate man
who subtley bent muh CR-18 double wall 27" rim." - G. Daniels