New bike for Jay

Old August 2nd 17, 12:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default New bike for Jay

On 2017-08-01 08:45, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 8:18:39 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/31/2017 5:45 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/31/2017 4:24 PM, wrote:
What,abt the nww bike performance ?

I find that new bike performance is limited by my old legs. YMMV

... and lungs. And ticker. Plus, the fire in my belly is largely
gone.

The fire sometimes comes back, though. We (my wife and I, riding
tandem) were on a pretty leisurely club ride a couple weeks ago. A
new young guy had showed up, and we were riding along chatting with
him. He said he rides to stay in shape for his other sports, etc.

As we talked, one of our club members who's notorious for such
behavior decided to hit high gear and crank away out front for a
while, then wait for the rest of the crew to catch up. When he did
that, the newbie suddenly ended our conversation, saying something
like "Excuse me now..." and took off.

I though "Excuse me???" and told my wife "Let's go." So we reeled
him in and were a comfortable ten feet behind when he caught the
rabbit. For icing on the cake, our rabbit guy (as he always does)
left the leisurely riders for the last five miles or so to crank in
at 20 - 25 mph . My wife and I were close behind, and the newbie
was a distant third. It was quite satisfying.

But with a tandem, terrain is everything. If it weren't fairly
flat, we'd happily ride back with the leisurely crowd.

(P.S. Don't interpret this tale as a claim that I could stick with
Jay, Tom or Duane, let alone James.)

I'm old and slow. I wouldn't ride with you because you'd be in the
middle of the road. I'd keep saying, "hey Frank, get over here.
You're going to get whacked." You would scold me for being a gutter
bunny, although I don't ride on the fog line and rarely ride anywhere
with a gutter. We'd ride up on Joerg who would have a pannier full
of water, a couple CPUs and a growler. He'd be complaining about
psychopaths in cars and the fact that his Gazelle didn't come with
factory rack-mounts and room for 35mm steel belted tires or a o-ring
chain. He'd have to stop every fifteen minutes to pee. I don't think
this NG would want to ride together.

Only one pee on a 4-5h ride. My PSA test came back 0.4ng/ml so no "urge
to go" from that department. However, I might bow out of the r.b.t.
peloton the millisecond I spot a brewpub. You son would probably already
be in the next county by then and leave us old farts behind.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

My feeling on the matter is:
Do NOT drink a 12-pack of beer the nite before riding the 5 Miles of Hell trail in Utah.

No 12-packs from the store here, it's only our own brew. The good stuff.

Depends where you buy your beer. My local store has an awesome selection: http://www.rainydayportland.com/2012...multnomah.html

Beer is passe. There's a brewpub or brewery on every Portland street corner. http://www.portlandbeer.org/breweries You can get good Oregon brewed bottled IPAs at Costco.

Now it's about cannabis -- and maybe hard cider . . . or mead. Hell, I don't know. No, no . . . its artisanal booze: http://www.distilleryrowpdx.com/

It gets exhausting trying to keep up with the latest food or drink craze. I look forward to the return of non-artisanal Heineken and tater-tots.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old August 2nd 17, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

potato wedges n cold Molsons

I'm working on turning OJ into orangeade

bought a bottle Schweppes today n have an herbal bottle of orange extract. with orange slices

Old August 2nd 17, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 4:42:08 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Jay ? how's the A/C ?

I have no A/C. It's 97 degrees currently. Predicted 105 tomorrow and 108 on Thursday. I'll be sleeping in the basement.

AND DRINKING GALLONS AND GALLONS OF WATER because I don't want to have a deadly thirst incident.

BIKE CONTENT: Cannondale is giving me a new CX frame. Not exactly what I wanted, but it's free. Now I have too many bikes. Maybe I'll sell the frame.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old August 2nd 17, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 7:53:38 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 4:42:08 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Jay ? how's the A/C ?

I have no A/C. It's 97 degrees currently. Predicted 105 tomorrow and 108 on Thursday. I'll be sleeping in the basement.

AND DRINKING GALLONS AND GALLONS OF WATER because I don't want to have a deadly thirst incident.

BIKE CONTENT: Cannondale is giving me a new CX frame. Not exactly what I wanted, but it's free. Now I have too many bikes. Maybe I'll sell the frame.

-- Jay Beattie.

THE NEW BIKE IS AN IMPROVEMENT OVER THE CANNONDALE ?

please describe
Old August 2nd 17, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 7/31/2017 4:24 PM, wrote:
[...]

Here is our Marco's Cafe, in the middle of this page:

http://www.gonewiththewynns.com/gold-country-ca

Great place. Food is mediocre at best but good brews and good live
music. With dancing.

Beer is passe. There's a brewpub or brewery on every Portland
street corner. http://www.portlandbeer.org/breweries You can get good
Oregon brewed bottled IPAs at Costco.

That is a major line-up. We don't have quite that selection but it's
adequate. However, since I started brewing my own it only matters during
rides. On some MTB rides far off civilization I take a home brew along.
Surpringly it stays very cool in a stainless double-wall thermos and the
constant shaking doesn't seem to harm it much.

Now it's about cannabis -- and maybe hard cider . . . or mead. Hell,
I don't know. No, no . . . its artisanal booze:
http://www.distilleryrowpdx.com/

Try their Hopka:

http://www.indiospirits.com/

Good stuff, just don't ride after too many of those. There are also in
Portland. Where else?

It gets exhausting trying to keep up with the latest food or drink
craze. I look forward to the return of non-artisanal Heineken and
tater-tots.

I draw the line at cannabis and all that junk. I won't touch it, after
having seen first hand in the Netherlands where that leads.

Old August 2nd 17, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 7/31/2017 4:24 PM, wrote:
[...]

leads ? where to J ?

hanging out with Calder Mailer n Polandski ?
Old August 2nd 17, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 8/1/2017 6:42 PM, wrote:
Jay ? how's the A/C ?

They are still just wonderful:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Shelby-...eKH 6&vxp=mtr

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old August 2nd 17, 01:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 8/1/2017 8:33 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/1/2017 6:42 PM, wrote:
Jay ? how's the A/C ?

They are still just wonderful:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Shelby-...eKH 6&vxp=mtr

One of my best friends is building a kit version. I've put in enough
help that I'm sure I qualify for a test drive.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old August 2nd 17, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 16:21:48 -0400, Duane
wrote:

For cutting the lawn after the trick is to
be able to manager the mower with one hand leaving one free for the beer.

I mounted a bottle cage on my lawn mower.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old August 2nd 17, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

RORT RORT RORT

http://www.gulfcoastmotorworks.com/d...dealer-florida

A/C truly. Cayenne. nomo clean air.

I have the 544- ? to finish. Many recommend a supercharged 4 with fiberglass panels n a disc brake front end. some sneer n rec a small block Ford

1946 GT LeMans with louvers n nerf bars. Galwah blue

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/upl...0-miles-10.jpg