Fender Mounts That Connect To V-Brake Bosses?

Old December 16th 05, 10:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Fender Mounts That Connect To V-Brake Bosses?

Maybe I've been drinking too much coffee again... but it seems to me like there
must be a lot of bikes out there that have disc brakes but still have v-brake
bosses on the forks/frame.

Given that, it seems that by now somebody should have designed interface
brackets that bolt onto the v-brake bosses and allow mounting a fender.

Using that scheme, the fenders would move with the suspension - so they could be
much closer to the wheels and wrap around more - giving better coverage...maybe
with less width.

??
--
PeteCresswell
Old December 16th 05, 11:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Maybe I've been drinking too much coffee again... but it seems to me like there
must be a lot of bikes out there that have disc brakes but still have v-brake
bosses on the forks/frame.

Given that, it seems that by now somebody should have designed interface
brackets that bolt onto the v-brake bosses and allow mounting a fender.

Using that scheme, the fenders would move with the suspension - so they could be
much closer to the wheels and wrap around more - giving better coverage...maybe
with less width.

??
--
PeteCresswell

By jove man, you may be on to something!

/s

"Honey? Bring me some wire hangers and a hula hoop!"

Old December 17th 05, 12:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Fenders are for commuter and cruiser bikes.

JD

Old December 17th 05, 12:47 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Per JD:
Fenders are for commuter and cruiser bikes.

And those who don't like the idea of inhaling droplets of goose turds and
whatever else has crapped on the trail...
--
PeteCresswell
Old December 17th 05, 12:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per JD:
Fenders are for commuter and cruiser bikes.

And those who don't like the idea of inhaling droplets of goose turds and
whatever else has crapped on the trail...

Try it, you might like it. 3000 years of Mongolian medicine can't be that
wrong.

Greg

Old December 17th 05, 12:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per JD:
Fenders are for commuter and cruiser bikes.

And those who don't like the idea of inhaling droplets of goose turds and
whatever else has crapped on the trail...
--
PeteCresswell

There are no geese in my deserts or mountains.

JD

Old December 17th 05, 03:07 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

JD wrote:
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per JD:
Fenders are for commuter and cruiser bikes.

And those who don't like the idea of inhaling droplets of goose turds and
whatever else has crapped on the trail...
--
PeteCresswell

There are no geese in my deserts or mountains.

JD

Don't come here, the place is infested. So much that they made killing
them (even by running them over) legal.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old December 17th 05, 03:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:47:29 -0800, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

And those who don't like the idea of inhaling droplets of goose turds and
whatever else has crapped on the trail...

what, you don't like it when you get goose turds all over your water
bottle?

Oh, I forgot, real men who ride in deserts and mountains don't need
water bottles...or water for that matter
Old December 17th 05, 12:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

I broke my commuter fender. But since fixed, Supper
Glue. Haven't remounted it yet to the seat post.

Old December 17th 05, 12:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

No just Condors,Voltures,and Buzzards. And a few Crow.