New Riding Buddy (heheh)

Old August 10th 06, 01:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Carla A-G

Default New Riding Buddy (heheh)

"Paladin" wrote in message
ups.com...
For Mattb and others who appreciate the "finer things in life", and who
don't mind going through mtbr, here are some pictures from last night's
group ride that I host. For a little background, the FIQ (female in
question) is quite famous around here, and the slavering dogs on the ID
mtbr board make references to her every week...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=216690
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=216903

CDB
your goodwill ambassador to the unridden masses

Send me the pics, I can't see them on mtbr (not a member).

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old August 10th 06, 02:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mark Hickey

"Corvus Corvax" wrote:

pete fagerlin wrote:

http://www.brandiswindell.org/about.asp

Now that is some scary ****.

You're apparently very easily scared.

If a petite blonde with a website "scares you", what does the thought
of the radical Islam goal to convert the US to a Taliban-like society
(or kill us all if that doesn't work out) do to you? Just curious...

Talk about Idaho living up to the
stereotype. Check the blog:

'Thank you to each who attended the Nampa Library Board meeting about
the removal of the sexually explicit and graphic materials, 'The Joy of
Sex' and 'The Joy of Gay Sex'.

There are actually parents out there who'd prefer to be the ones who
tell their children about sex, rather than have them getting it from
sources like the above.

Or maybe you wouldn't mind your (hypothetical) 8 year old daughter
checking out 'The Joy of Gay Sex' on her next trip to the library.
Perhaps it's just simpler to buy her a stack of porn DVDs and get it
over with, huh?

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old August 10th 06, 02:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

Mark Hickey wrote:

If a petite blonde with a website "scares you", what does the thought
of the radical Islam goal to convert the US to a Taliban-like society
(or kill us all if that doesn't work out) do to you? Just curious...

When you put it that way, I fail to see much of a difference between
the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic fundamentalists,
except that they dress different. (The Christians are way tackier.)

Or maybe you wouldn't mind your (hypothetical) 8 year old daughter
checking out 'The Joy of Gay Sex' on her next trip to the library.
Perhaps it's just simpler to buy her a stack of porn DVDs and get it
over with, huh?

It's very simple, Mark: you don't get to use your religion to control
what I (or my children) read. It's none of your ****ing business.
That's what actual freedom means.

CC

Old August 10th 06, 03:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
small change

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mark Hickey wrote:

If a petite blonde with a website "scares you", what does the thought
of the radical Islam goal to convert the US to a Taliban-like society
(or kill us all if that doesn't work out) do to you? Just curious...

When you put it that way, I fail to see much of a difference between
the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic fundamentalists,
except that they dress different. (The Christians are way tackier.)

Or maybe you wouldn't mind your (hypothetical) 8 year old daughter
checking out 'The Joy of Gay Sex' on her next trip to the library.
Perhaps it's just simpler to buy her a stack of porn DVDs and get it
over with, huh?

It's very simple, Mark: you don't get to use your religion to control
what I (or my children) read. It's none of your ****ing business.
That's what actual freedom means.

CC

What 8 year old would be going to the library without supervision? Yours,
Mark?

ps

Old August 10th 06, 03:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ed Pirrero

Corvus Corvax wrote:
Mark Hickey wrote:

Or maybe you wouldn't mind your (hypothetical) 8 year old daughter
checking out 'The Joy of Gay Sex' on her next trip to the library.
Perhaps it's just simpler to buy her a stack of porn DVDs and get it
over with, huh?

It's very simple, Mark: you don't get to use your religion to control
what I (or my children) read. It's none of your ****ing business.
That's what actual freedom means.

Right. Folks like Brandi assume I can't parent my own kids. That's
the assumption made when you try and legislate ANY morality. "I know
my kids are upright and wouldn't read that stuff, but those Corvax
kids..."

E.P.

Old August 10th 06, 04:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

Ed Pirrero wrote:

Right. Folks like Brandi assume I can't parent my own kids. That's
the assumption made when you try and legislate ANY morality. "I know
my kids are upright and wouldn't read that stuff, but those Corvax
kids..."

Notice that the religious nuts' argument is so weak on this one that
somebody like Mark _immediately_ brings up the bogeyman of terrorism,
as if that has anything at all to do with a city council election in
Idaho. (I notice that Brandy got her ass kicked in the election, by the
way. A victory for real American freedom.)

CC

Old August 10th 06, 04:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Paladin wrote:
For Mattb and others who appreciate the "finer things in life", and who
don't mind going through mtbr, here are some pictures from last night's
group ride that I host. For a little background, the FIQ (female in
question) is quite famous around here, and the slavering dogs on the ID
mtbr board make references to her every week...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=216690
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=216903

CDB
your goodwill ambassador to the unridden masses

Nice pics, but besides riding a mountain bike, I think she epitomizes
"not my type" in every way imaginable.

And good for the Nampa library for standing up for the first amendment
when trying to be bribed to suppress it.

Matt
Old August 10th 06, 04:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

Corvus Corvax wrote:
Mark Hickey wrote:

If a petite blonde with a website "scares you", what does the thought
of the radical Islam goal to convert the US to a Taliban-like society
(or kill us all if that doesn't work out) do to you? Just curious...

When you put it that way, I fail to see much of a difference between
the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic fundamentalists,
except that they dress different. (The Christians are way tackier.)

Yeah, those "English /Christians/" almost got away with their plot to blow
up 20 airplanes yesterday. Scary people, indeed.

Old August 10th 06, 04:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Corvus Corvax wrote:
Mark Hickey wrote:

If a petite blonde with a website "scares you", what does the thought
of the radical Islam goal to convert the US to a Taliban-like society
(or kill us all if that doesn't work out) do to you? Just curious...

When you put it that way, I fail to see much of a difference between
the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic fundamentalists,
except that they dress different. (The Christians are way tackier.)

Or maybe you wouldn't mind your (hypothetical) 8 year old daughter
checking out 'The Joy of Gay Sex' on her next trip to the library.
Perhaps it's just simpler to buy her a stack of porn DVDs and get it
over with, huh?

It's very simple, Mark: you don't get to use your religion to control
what I (or my children) read. It's none of your ****ing business.
That's what actual freedom means.

CC

Word.
Fundamentalists (in power) are a danger to our way of life no matter
which end of the spectrum they come from.

Matt
Old August 10th 06, 04:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

Bill Sornson wrote:

Yeah, those "English /Christians/" almost got away with their plot to blow
up 20 airplanes yesterday. Scary people, indeed.

That's a difference in tactics, not agendas.

I would still like an explanation of how terrorism (or Islam in
general) is germane to book banning in Idaho.

CC