Nearly hit by a Rolls Royce - Twice!!!

Old July 10th 07, 08:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

Default Nearly hit by a Rolls Royce - Twice!!!

Yesterday morning was on the SS mtb and crossing Hoddle St on Nicholson when
an old Rolls Royce went past me way too close and only missed my handlebar
by a couple of inches. Tonight I was on Heidelberg Rd on my road bike and
minding my own business in the bike lane......next thing I know another
Roller (latest model I think) goes past within a couple of inches of my
handlebar!! Amazingly I was able to restrain myself from yelling expletives
on both occassions.

What gives???? Is it too hard to judge how wide the car is when your noise
is in the air??

Give me some effin space!!!!

Gags

Old July 10th 07, 08:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_313_]

Gags Wrote:

What gives???? Is it too hard to judge how wide the car is when your
noise
is in the air??

Inadvertently amusing, considering your arse is probably further off
the ground than both the drivers ... although I'm damn happy you
weren't collected. Maybe there should be a APB put out on freaking
Rolls Royces?

--
cfsmtb

Old July 10th 07, 09:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
matagi[_12_]

When you say old Rolls Royce - what do you mean? If you are referring
to one built before 1966 (when the Silver Shadow came in) then I can
assure you those buggers are bloody hard to steer and they are WIDE.
Also, old Rolls Royces tend to have old drivers so they have all the
problems every other old driver has.

If it was a Silver Shadow, then I can't offer any explanation 'coz
Shadow drivers are just wannabes with an unjustified superiority
complex. (Shadows being the cheapest Rolls Royce you can buy these
days)

As for the latest model ... it's f**king BMW! Nothing to do with Rolls
Royce except for the name, so the drivers just tend to be ******* with
too much money and too little taste.

--
matagi

Old July 10th 07, 09:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso

"cfsmtb" wrote in message ...

Gags Wrote:

What gives???? Is it too hard to judge how wide the car is when your
noise
is in the air??

Inadvertently amusing, considering your arse is probably further off
the ground than both the drivers ... although I'm damn happy you
weren't collected. Maybe there should be a APB put out on freaking
Rolls Royces?

It was probably a 4WD in disguise with a fibreglass RR shell on it.

Their pestilence is daily...

T.
Old July 10th 07, 12:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_93_]

Tomasso Wrote: [color=blue]
"cfsmtb" wrote in message

Gags Wrote:

What gives???? Is it too hard to judge how wide the car is when

your
noise
is in the air??

Does getting almost hit by Rolls Royce's make you a Snob ?? I have
never been close called by anything like a Rolls!

--
MikeyOz

Old July 10th 07, 12:56 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Rory Williams[_18_]

Gags Wrote:
Yesterday morning was on the SS mtb and crossing Hoddle St on Nicholson
when
an old Rolls Royce went past me way too close and only missed my
handlebar
by a couple of inches. Tonight I was on Heidelberg Rd on my road bike
and
minding my own business in the bike lane......next thing I know
another
Roller (latest model I think) goes past within a couple of inches of
my
handlebar!! Amazingly I was able to restrain myself from yelling
expletives
on both occassions.

What gives???? Is it too hard to judge how wide the car is when your
noise
is in the air??

Give me some effin space!!!!

Gags

Is it something about you? Just thinking about that BR back on
Christmass eve when that truck gave you a nudge on the Eltham-Yarra
Glen Rd.

RoryW

--
Rory Williams

Old July 10th 07, 12:56 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso

"MikeyOz" wrote in message ...[color=blue]

Tomasso Wrote:
"cfsmtb" wrote in message

Gags Wrote:

What gives???? Is it too hard to judge how wide the car is when

your
noise
is in the air??

Does getting almost hit by Rolls Royce's make you a Snob ?? I have
never been close called by anything like a Rolls!

Yet...

Where do you live?

T.
Old July 10th 07, 01:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_315_]

MikeyOz Wrote:
Does getting almost hit by Rolls Royce's make you a Snob ?? I have never
been close called by anything like a Rolls!

Does a RX-8 count? Prolly not ...

--
cfsmtb

Old July 10th 07, 03:47 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_178_]

Rory Williams Wrote:
Is it something about you?

Given the size of Gags (and his bikes), the Rolls would come off second
best!

--
gplama