Heads up

Old July 17th 04, 08:17 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Heads up

This Autumn there will be a Government road safety bill in Parliament.
No mention of the H-word yet, but BeHIT have hired a lobbying firm.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old July 19th 04, 12:02 AM
Colin McKenzie

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

This Autumn there will be a Government road safety bill in Parliament.
No mention of the H-word yet, but BeHIT have hired a lobbying firm.

Who would we lobby to try to get something useful in it - like civil
liability in collisions, or a minimum clearance when overtaking bikes?

Colin McKenzie

--
The great advantage of not trusting statistics is that
it leaves you free to believe the damned lies instead!

Old July 19th 04, 12:37 AM
Sandy Morton

In article ,
Colin McKenzie wrote:
Who would we lobby to try to get something useful in it - like
civil liability in collisions, or a minimum clearance when
overtaking bikes?

Your MP and copy it to anyone else who thinks they are important. If
any kind of LG Election is approaching you have a captive audience.

--
A T (Sandy) Morton
on the Bicycle Island
Old July 19th 04, 05:24 AM
Tony Raven

Colin McKenzie wrote:

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

This Autumn there will be a Government road safety bill in Parliament.
No mention of the H-word yet, but BeHIT have hired a lobbying firm.

Who would we lobby to try to get something useful in it - like civil
liability in collisions, or a minimum clearance when overtaking bikes?

Colin McKenzie

Your MP plus support the CTC who do the direct lobbying for us.

Tony
Old July 19th 04, 08:58 PM
Terry D

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
This Autumn there will be a Government road safety bill in Parliament.
No mention of the H-word yet, but BeHIT have hired a lobbying firm.

Guy

Where do we look to find out what might or might not be included in this
bill?

--
Terry Duckmanton.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry.duckmanton
A website mostly dedicated to cycling
Old July 19th 04, 09:21 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:58:45 GMT, Terry D
wrote in message :

Where do we look to find out what might or might not be included in this
bill?

It's not been published yet, but Our Friends In The House will be
watching out for it.