Heads Up

Old July 5th 05, 08:58 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Heads Up

In last month's Cycle magazine (house magazine of CTC, the UK's
national cyclists' organisation) there was a very balanced article by
the man who tests most of the helmets coming into the UK. As far as I
can tell, Brian's only agenda as far as I can tell is a preference for
the more stringent Snell standards than the comparatively weak EN1078
(similar to CPSC). I think he makes a good case for that.

CTC (as copyright holders) and Brian have agreed to allow this to be
made available on the web. As the intro says:

"Helmets cause heated arguments among cyclists. Let me start by saying
that this article is not about whether or not you should wear a
helmet. Nor is it about the impact of compulsory helmet use on cycling
levels or on overall cycle safety. It will focus on what helmets are
designed to do in the event of a fall. Whether or not you want to wear
a helmet, it should help inform your decision."

http://www.cyclehelmets.org/papers/c2023.pdf

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old July 5th 05, 10:37 PM
John Negio

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
[...]

A helmet adds 346% more cushioning and 24% more structural strength to most
heads. The precise statistics depend upon the amount of hair, the impact
vector, velocity, how hydrated you are, how much body fat you have and how
big your brain is compared to empty skull cavity.

Old July 5th 05, 10:42 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

At Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:37:23 -0500, message
.net was posted by
"John Negio" , including some, all or none of the
following:

A helmet adds 346% more cushioning and 24% more structural strength to most
heads. The precise statistics depend upon the amount of hair, the impact
vector, velocity, how hydrated you are, how much body fat you have and how
big your brain is compared to empty skull cavity.

And?

Mirror comparison Danny Colyer UK 14 March 23rd 05 10:14 PM
Helmet Suggestions for Big Heads? Sid Heaton General 8 September 1st 04 05:22 AM
BR8 - AlpeDueEast vs Flat Heads tonykara Australia 8 August 7th 04 02:11 PM
BR8 - AlpeDueEast vs Flat Heads tonykara Australia 10 August 7th 04 01:32 PM
Helmets for large heads Jokke General 12 December 1st 03 04:35 PM