Lonely Riders video

Old January 12th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Lonely Riders video

Itīs okay for us to send it to unicycle.tv but copyright of the music...
I have to admit that we have thought none about that.
So I guess itīs better not to put this one on unicycle.tv so that
anyone wonīt get in trouble or something.
Maybe the next one could be put there, as soon as we make a new one.

--
aleksi.palola

Enjoy life. You get to live every second only once.

http://lonelyriders.unicyclist.com/
aleksi.palola's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10917

Old January 12th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I edit that video and I have thought about those copyright issues with
music but when it was just going on our homepage I thought it doesn't
really matter...

Olarf: What do you mean by saying "it seems to be copyright protected"?
Could you tell me what should I do with music if video would go to
unicycle.tv? I really don't know much about these things and any help
you(or someone else) could give would be grate.

--
juusor

http://lonelyriders.unicyclist.com/
juusor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10925

Old January 12th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

@ aleksi : thanks for your contribution ! You are right , those music is
alway dangerous and we would be happy if you could try to use royalty
free music in one of your next Videos to make it totally safe to stream
it.
So I'm looking forward to your next cuts

@juusor: those things are always different for each country but most
have a more or less similar system. I only know the details for
Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and a little from the USA.
For short Videos there seems to be a chance if you use a lot of pieces
of Songs which are not longer than 30 sec. each part. This could be
nice for 2 or 3 minute clips but nor for 15 min.
You will also find a lot of royalty free music in the Internet but it
is a lot of work to find what you are looking for. You also had to ask
the Artist for permission in anyway. If the music is royalty free and
you got the permission from the Artist you got it
Then you could stream and make a DVD and what ever you like to do.
If you use copyright protected music you had to pay per unit. For each
DVD you sell or for each person that watch your clip on unicycle.tv you
must pay a little bit ;(
Each country has something like a copyright organization (GEMA / BUMA
in Germany / NL) there you could download their rules and the price
for your project normally.
I hope this will help you a little bit and we would be very happy to
got also some clips from you while the next time.

--
olarf

visit 'unicycle.tv' (http://www.unicycle.tv)
olarf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10588

Old January 13th 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Thanks for advice! Next time we'll be wiser than now. We'll also be
sending some new footage during the spring or perhaps earlier, that's
for sure.

--
eero-poika

No pain, no gain.

http://lonelyriders.unicyclist.com/
eero-poika's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10911

Old January 15th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Maybe you could find some nice Finnish Newcomer Bands and you could
promote than yourself together.
Very often the World seems to be much more complicated than it must be
;(

It also seems that we find now a solution to be more tolerant in that
music things
Other countrys other rules

By the way, look what the french do last year. I upload it today to
unicycle.tv .
They got an Award for it. I like it very much

Old January 15th 06, 09:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yep, the french video is very good one. Saw it few days ago.

And about the Finnish band thing, I thought about it just few days ago
too and guss that would be a good idea. Guess we should start searching
for a good one

--
aleksi.palola

Enjoy life. You get to live every second only once.

http://lonelyriders.unicyclist.com/
aleksi.palola's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10917

Almost-not-credible news: A northshore and trials park 2 minutes away! andrew_carter Unicycling 10 February 15th 05 08:00 PM
2nd Richmond Muni Weekend Vid/Pics and New HOW Video muniracer Unicycling 12 January 4th 05 08:50 PM
Calling all extreme riders on the East Coast... HardcoreCokerRider Unicycling 2 December 21st 04 11:45 PM
Galibier ride video roadswag Racing 0 February 13th 04 10:29 PM
video producer seeking bicycle stunt riders for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:30 PM