C & O Trail

Old June 6th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default C & O Trail

I've been reasearching unicycles-carrying stuff a lot recently (u-turn
knows allllll about it ), and I've found that the seatpost style
racks work quite well for carrying a bit of gear, at least all your
non-food supplies. Put the food in a backpack over a small camelbak, or
have a camelbak with extra space for food, and you're pretty much set,
especially if you can stop at grocery stores to pick up gear.

You can also tour very cheaply if you want. A competitive alcohol
burning stove (the kind hikers carry, and if I'm not mistaken something
along the lines of what U-Turn mentioned with his Triangia) can be made
out of coke cans. It boils a litre of water in something like six
minutes, and runs on gas line antifreeze. Very cool stuff.

Anyhow, my point is, you don't have to spend wads of cash on 'outdoor'
gear if you use your head and your hands a bit. Spend a few bucks on
some uni upgrades and some carrying gear and you're ready!

(p.s. - I'm hunting around for a really light 1-person tent, anyone got
any reccomendations? :P )

edit: didn't realize you had started. Oh well, my advice still stands!
It's going to be very tempting to ride further after my ride to Halifax
this summer.

--
flyer
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894

Dakota Ridge Trail [ratings are severe] - Denver, Colorado [email protected] Mountain Biking 24 December 5th 05 06:24 PM
Troy's Excellent D.C. to Pittsburgh NBG Adventure Cycle America General 0 May 24th 05 11:04 PM
Katy Trail,RR TBGibb Rides 2 December 10th 04 03:05 AM
Katy Trail,RR TBGibb Rides 0 December 10th 04 01:30 AM
RR Guelph Hiking Trail - Very Long Robert Schultz Mountain Biking 0 July 21st 03 05:12 AM