What to do?

Old July 21st 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Phillip_b9

Default What to do?

Well thanks alot for all the tips and the info. ALso thanks for the
warm welcome and for being so cool and melow and stuff's. When i get
my uni, i'll look forward to not only riding it but also asking you
guys all the common questions that must be asked by a newb.

Cheers!

--
Phillip_b9

mmmm....blueberry pie....
Phillip_b9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12710

Old July 21st 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Yep, we are a very nice and helpful bunch.

Also, once you get your uni, make sure the cranks and pedals are on the
right side.

The R on the crank in pedal on the right side, the L on the cranks and
pedals on the left side, or else you can warp the threading and ruin
your pedals and/or cranks. It shouldn't be two hard to find out the
right side, most frame have the front clearly marked by a sticker, head
badge, or from the seat clamp.

When riding, mount with your preferred pedal down, and then step onto
it, holding onto a rail, or a wall/fence. Bring your other foot up, and
either roll back a little, or roll forwards a little. You should have
the pedals in a horizontal position, and either your left or right foot
in the front.

Now, get yourself situated, make sure your not gonna be sitting on
anything, so you gotta just gotta scoop it all to the front and out of
the way. Just make sure your comfy.

Now you got yourself up and ready, remember to keep ALL of your weight
on the seat, that is truly the key to unicycling. My girlfriend finally
got all her weight on the seat, and ride better than ever, my friend
just realized he wasn't putting his weight on the seat, and now that he
is, he can finally ride. Keeping the weight on the seat is CRUCIAL!

Sit up straight now, look straight ahead, down look down at the tire or
your feet, just straight ahead. Take a breath, and pedal.

Most likely your gonna fall right off the bat, but dont worry, we all
did, get up, get back on, and keep going.

You'll be riding in no time! =p

P.S. Awesome avatar...Shifty Five!

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Old July 21st 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

a fairly nice trials uni right away.

also, your avatar scares me.

--
mornish

UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO

trials_uni wrote:
Where did you hear that Bedford unis are not strong? They are the best
thing since sliced bread!!