WTB: rigid fork to replace suspension fork

Old August 18th 04, 01:42 PM
Richard InNwa

Default WTB: rigid fork to replace suspension fork

I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
"men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?
Old August 18th 04, 02:51 PM
SuperSlinky

Richard InNwa said...

http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&Category=512
Old August 18th 04, 03:16 PM
Craig

I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
"men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?

You could dump your girlfriend. Problem solved.

Old August 18th 04, 06:58 PM
Richard InNwa

SuperSlinky wrote in message t...
Richard InNwa said...

I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
"men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?

http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&Category=512

Thanks! I thought I checked AEBike, but if I did, I must have missed that fork.
Old August 19th 04, 02:48 AM
Gary Mishler

"Richard InNwa" wrote in message
om...
I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
"men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?

Usually the rigid forks and suspension forks are different lengths. Your
frame is designed for the length of fork it is supplied with. If you put a
different length fork on, it will change the headtube angle and thus the
steering/handling of the bike.

Better check the fork length on the fork you are considering as compared to
the one on the bike now and find out if it will make a difference in
handling that you can live with.

Mish