w00t!!! i did it!

Old October 29th 05, 10:01 PM
trials_uni

Default w00t!!! i did it!

i kno to most of you guys this is nothing but its a big step for
me...today i got my highest hop. i made it up 2 pallets and a 2x4 thats
like 10 inches right? as appose to yesterday when i could only barely
make 1 pallet. im so stoked. just an omen of higher hops to come

--
trials_uni

You can't get up and try it again if you don't fall first.
-Phil

Old October 29th 05, 10:12 PM
theotherguy

YAY!!!
i can jump up that high too :P
i have to work on jumping up 2 pallettes and 2 2x4's right now.....

EDIT: I also have to work on getting better at crank-grab-to-rubbers...

--
theotherguy

can i have §100 please?

theotherguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10761

Old October 29th 05, 10:16 PM
trials_uni

me too i gotta get those crank grabs...but not yet..i only have a
cotterless hub and i weight bout 200 lbs so this hieght is just fin for
me ....for now...muahhahahahahahahahha.*cough*

Old October 30th 05, 10:30 PM
andrew_carter

Congratulations. What made the difference? Did you change your
technique?

Andrew

--
andrew_carter

*http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'my big movies' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/bigmovies)*
___________
WORKS ON CONTINGENCY*?*
NO*,* MONEY DOWN*!*

Old October 30th 05, 10:44 PM
trials_uni

hink it was the fact that i just grew some balls and went for it....it
was just a confidence thing i believe...and i will be goin much higher
when i get my trials uni and my leg armour at the end of this month

Old October 30th 05, 10:48 PM
theotherguy

I'm gonna have to get leg pads or something because I pre-hop like
cawazy and the seat I have isn't exactly the best for pre-hops because
it rubs against my legs and I get *gasp* rashes!!! They hurt like
hell and I can't ride for a couple days...

cheese is good...

--
theotherguy

)--(O) - my uni!
theotherguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10761

Old October 30th 05, 10:56 PM
andrew_carter

I'm enormously far from being the best to give advice on hopping high,
but the one thing I noticed early on was that I could afford to tuck
the seat up/pull the uni up *much* furthur than I realised, even when
hopping seat in which is what I mostly do. Maybe you could think about
that next time you're out hopping. It has to be a really quick
movement though so that the seat is at its highest point when you are
at your highest point.

Andrew

Old October 30th 05, 11:59 PM
unicyclerpunk

OMG i get the worst rashes too! i found that if you put some duct tape
or something of the sort on the back of the seat it helps or just try
really hard (took me a long time) but just try not to hold the seat to
your skin...the reason i get rashes is NOT from my seat but from the
seat rubing on my jeans and the jeans cause the rash. I am still
recovering from my last rash. So try duct tape or just wear like those
shiny sport shorts or just not jeans or clothes like that. Hope that
helps

--
unicyclerpunk
unicyclerpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11009

Old October 31st 05, 12:04 AM
trials_uni

yeah andrew i have notice that...thats why my seat is so low...its like
3-4 inches below me when standing up hopping. im not quite comfortable
with seat out yet so im just going to keep my seat low and keep hoppin
higher

w00t No.2 Bleve Australia 3 August 16th 05 02:42 PM
CN Kit arrived! w00t! Richard Adams Racing 4 August 12th 04 01:16 AM