Disc brake rotors

Old June 28th 10, 09:15 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Kozuch

Default Disc brake rotors

Hi there,

I have a 2005 Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes. They have quite
poor performance (confirmed by various reviews) - however I did not
know this fact when buying. Not I want to boots the performance a bit,
of course as cheaply as possible.

I would like to change rotor because I think the standard rotors get
hot quickly.

Will changing rotor help? What about different rotor shapes? Will
rotors with "teeth" (I mean triangles on the outrer side of rotor)
help cooling?
Old June 28th 10, 04:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Per Kozuch:
Will changing rotor help?

I'm no expert, but I use 180mm rotors on my front wheels and
160mm rotors on my rear wheels - and find the difference in fade
tb noticeable... Immediate power, I'm not so sure.... squeeze
enough and it's there... but going down a long hill....

So, if your rotors are 160's, maybe changing to 180's would help.
Some sort of adapter between the caliper and the frame mounting
point would be needed.
--
PeteCresswell