Opinions of Cateye EL500 light please.

Old August 14th 04, 08:47 PM
Bill Davidson

Lewis Campbell wrote:
I tried a search for the Lithium batteries and found * AA Energizer e2
Lithium Batteries 1.5V * in a couple of places, so I'm confused (as
well as electrically challenged) :-)

Could you give me a link to the 1.75V batteries, please.

No. That's them. They are labeled as 1.5V but when you put them
on a meter they are actually around 1.75V (roughly).
Old August 14th 04, 09:09 PM
Peter

Bill Davidson wrote:
Lewis Campbell wrote:

I tried a search for the Lithium batteries and found * AA Energizer e2
Lithium Batteries 1.5V * in a couple of places, so I'm confused (as
well as electrically challenged) :-)

Could you give me a link to the 1.75V batteries, please.

No. That's them. They are labeled as 1.5V but when you put them
on a meter they are actually around 1.75V (roughly).

Typical discharge curves for various loads are shown at
http://data.energizer.com/ for the L91 (AA) lithium cells.
They show that even for fairly low loads there is only a
rather brief period with voltage around 1.6 which falls
quickly to 1.5 followed by a much slower drop to 1.4
over about 90% of the life. Then the voltage starts
dropping more rapidly with almost no capacity left once
the voltage reaches 1.2 V (i.e. don't count on having any
significant time left once the light starts dimming
noticeably).

Old August 14th 04, 10:45 PM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h o o_d 0 t_c 0 m

I spent some time contemplating that a manufacturer would
actually spend R&D budget to create a reflector that causes
the light to project the company logo (cat head) on the
pavement. I got pretty sick of watching the cutesy cat head
wander around on road. Is this common to other Cateye lights?

Certainly not to the Cateye lights I own: HL-500, HL-500II, HL-270,
HL-EL300.

Old August 16th 04, 09:36 PM
Ron Hardin

There's a $39.95 price at http://www.bikeman.com/

ship notice in a day, so they're apparently alive.
--
Ron Hardin

Old August 17th 04, 12:40 PM
Lewis Campbell

I tried a search of their website and did not find it.

Could they have discontinued carrying it?

Lewis.

**********************************

Old August 17th 04, 12:56 PM
Ron Hardin

Ron Hardin wrote in message ...
There's a $39.95 price at http://www.bikeman.com/

ship notice in a day, so they're apparently alive.

It comes up for me (type el500 in the window, click on the pic and you get to ..)
http://www.bikemannetwork.com/Mercha... t_Code=LT4107

--
Ron Hardin

Old August 17th 04, 01:58 PM
Lewis Campbell

I did a search on their website but did not find it.

Could they have discontinued it?

Lewis.