Iowa's 3rd Annual 24 Hr. Mountain Bike Relay

Old September 8th 05, 04:48 AM
gbarnes

Default Iowa's 3rd Annual 24 Hr. Mountain Bike Relay

Mark finishing a lap.

| Attachment filename: dscf8814.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/358414|

gbarnes - www.gb4mfg.com

George C. Barnes IV
GB4 Manufacturing, L.L.C.
http://www.gb4mfg.com/
gbarnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/174

Old September 8th 05, 04:51 AM
gbarnes

My best lap this year was right at 1 hour. They lengthened the course
by a 1/4 to a 1/2 mile, hence my slower time than last year. Kai did a
couple sub-hour laps, I think his best was :54. His night laps were
faster than a lot of biker's times.

Nice tool belt!

Old September 8th 05, 04:51 AM
steveyo

markf wrote:
*holy cow
we finish collectively at 16 laps.

i know that was really long, hope you enjoyed it. I'll try to get the
other guys to post something. *

Hey! Congratulations and thanks for the great writeup.
Looking forward to the others' stories.

--
steveyo - Last will be first

steveyo

"I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
unknown

"Do whatever steps you want if
you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

Old September 8th 05, 07:06 AM
nathan

Way to go guys - Kai you're awesome! Would it be possible to use a 29er
(or even a Coker) on this course? We generally find that a 29er with
150mm cranks really moves on a course that is too technical for Cokers.
Regardless, great effort!

---Nathan

--
nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old September 8th 05, 12:52 PM
markf

a 29er might be doable for someone with massive legs. you'd be pushing
up most the hills and some of the downhills as well, but the flat's you
could really crank on. i had enough problems riding more than 75% of the
course on a 24 with 175s, george had a 26 with a brake and 175s and i
think he did fine, 29 might be just a bit too big.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102