Busted rim?

Old March 9th 06, 09:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Busted rim?

Hey everyone! The other day i was out jumping stair sets, i went home
and put my uni away. Then yesterday my girlfriend said to me that there
was a dent in my rim. I said to her that there are loads of dints in my
rim and not to worry. Then i went to get my uni out and this is what i
found!

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...d38bc9b8db1a1]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...d38bc9b8db1a1]

What you cant see from the pictures is that the wall of the rim has
acually torn!
I did bottom out when i went riding on sunday, so i think it happened
then! Now ill have to wait until i get paid until i can get a new rim,
though i might get a new hub and be done with it!
Ride on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Why Use two wheels when one is twice as good?

Its like England here....... Iv never seen so much sun!

If quizz's are quizzical, what are tests?
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

Old March 9th 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

you sould be able to get a new one free.....those style rims were
re-called....

that groove isnt unicycle friendly as you now know....unfortunatly your
going to have to transfer the new rim over yourself or pay to have it
done...its not hard to do though and the spokes are perfectly re-usable
when done the right way.

--
forget_your_life

dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

Old March 9th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Wow! i never knew that! ok, next question, Who do i contact because
there is no indication of who made the rim anywhere on it. The uni is a
mission but i dont think the rim is made by them. Wheel building is a
piece of ****, so il have no problems with lacing up a new one.
Cheers for the info,
Ride on!
Edd

Old March 9th 06, 09:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

haha my trials rim did exactly the same thing except it the wall snapped
as well so theres two pieces popping out. its the same rim aswell

--
UniPsychoLiam
UniPsychoLiam's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11283

Old March 9th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That happened to few of my friends too. And when I ordered KH trials
from UDC I asked them to change it beforehand and they did it for free
for me.

But yeah those sucky rims are baaaad.

--
aleksi.palola

Enjoy life. You get to live every second only once.

http://lonelyriders.unicyclist.com/
aleksi.palola's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10917

Old March 9th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Danger_Uni: The groove is common on bike rims to show the level of
sidewall wear due to brakes. I did not ask for it but the manufacturer
put it in anyway. If you have a rim that broke along the groove, you
can return it for warranty replacement.

All rims sold after April 2005 had no groove. Also the material was
upgraded from 7005 T6 aluminum to stronger 7005H T6.

Kris

Also:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45719

As a side note: I killed two of them on my KH20 05, since then the new
rim without the groove has served me perfectly.

--
UNIquelyCanadian

~Cameron
Macro Photography: _www.camerondonaldson.com__

"Laboratory tests prove that nobody in the world smokes. Only the
cigarette smokes. The person is just the sucker. - Dr. Hovind
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

Old March 9th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Ahhhhhhhggggggg! I didnt buy my uni from UDC or bedford! I bought it
from a little bike shop in cornwall! iv contacted Mission, so il wait
and see what they have to say.
Ride on!
Edd

Old March 9th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That warranty only applies to KH rims - I don't think Edd's is a KH.

--
rob.northcott

'Dartmoor Muni Weekend'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46116) - Last
weekend in May 2006

Old March 9th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

isn't that a Qu-ax rim?

--
vicuniclub
vicuniclub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10052