Powder coating a hub

Old February 22nd 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Powder coating a hub

I am going to be buying a Koxx One Hub and cranks from renegade and I am
also going to be visiting my brother in Calgary where he is friends
with the owners of a company that does powder coating.

I was wondering what I would have to do with the hub to prepare it for
powder coating and generaly info on doing this.

Thanks

--
ntappin

Old February 22nd 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Is that hub going on your norco? Where did you get it?

--
Eroick
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Old February 22nd 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

ntappin wrote:
I am going to be buying a Koxx One Hub and cranks from renegade and I am
also going to be visiting my brother in Calgary where he is friends
with the owners of a company that does powder coating.

I was wondering what I would have to do with the hub to prepare it for
powder coating and generaly info on doing this.

Thanks

I would think you *wouldn't* want it powder coated on the splines or
where the bolt goes in at either end. Can you just tape those parts
off? i have no idea about powder coating

--
mango

*Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old February 22nd 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Talk to the shop-owner if he(or she) can solve the fact that you don't
want the splines coated..

And i don't know if it should be a problem wiht the spoke-holes!

--
lleberg

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

Old February 22nd 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Give it a clean and a degrease then put some masking tape over the
splines. That's about it really.

--
nickjb
nickjb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1074

Old February 22nd 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

well the guy should kno how to do it if hes a powder coating guy... if
not maybe call darren bedford...ask him how he does it.

--
trials_uni

'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) ---new more
informative post go now! edited today!
Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
(http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
unicyclists in your area!
Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

monkeyman wrote:
Those animals aren't innocent, they're keeping my meat from me

Old February 22nd 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

lleberg wrote:
And i don't know if it should be a problem wiht the spoke-holes!

The spoke holes would definitely have to be masked somehow, but to do
so sounds like quite a challenge! It might be easier to powdercoat the
holes and drill them out afterwards, but I'm no pro... ask a pro for
sure, this sounds like a very tedious task!

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

Old February 22nd 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Nah, the spoke holes would be fine. It isn't such a precise fit where
the .002mm of powdercoat would get in the way.

--
digitalattrition

"When life hands you a lemon, say 'Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you
got?'"
-Henry Rollins
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
'Buy stuff from Arrow Racing!' (http://www.arrowracing.com)
digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430

Powder Coating Cost thayr Unicycling 5 March 17th 05 08:48 AM
Instruction on stripping and painting a bike Dan Daniel Techniques 13 January 7th 05 10:17 PM
Powder Coat vs. Wet Paint... rosco Techniques 34 November 25th 03 02:20 PM
Powder Coat? Darren Unicycling 4 September 8th 03 02:21 PM